• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who is giving best deal on dollars / exchange rate ?

alexandra uk

DIS Veteran
I plan to get my dollars in T.Cs on Monday.
We're not going till 30th Nov, but with the exchange rate dropping I would rather get them now.
Does anyone know who is currently doing the best deals / exchange rates ?

:jester: 123 to go :jester:

The Post Office offer pretty good rates with no commission - you can check the rates on line at Post Office select the 'foreign currency' under travel services then 'travel services' and 'foreign currency' and 'foreign currency calculator' in the new window. Yes it is an appalling website!

BUMP is what people do to get a post up to the top of the list again - so if a post falls down the list with no replies for a day or two, people add Bump replies to push it to the top of the list again in the hope that someone will reply.

Got our TC from the Halifax today. Commission free (until end august) and a good rate of 1.52. You can order on line or via phone - details on their website.

Someone has mentioned Travelex before on the boards (thank you!) but they are offering $1.5330 commission free which seems a great deal. It's awful not knowing whether to buy them now or wait to see if you get a better deal

Lisa
:eek:

Wow, TTT Travelcorp have an internet offer of 1.57 but you have to go to their counters in London/Gatwick airport. There is a 1.75% handling charge but it still worked out at a better rate than the commission free offers. I have worked it out correctly haven't it??

£2000 into USD @ 1.57 = $3140 - 1.75% commission charge of £35 = $3105.

Please accept my apologies if I got my math wrong. It's not one of my strong points ;)

Lisa

Lisa,

I could be wrong aswell, but i think $ 3140 - 1,75 % = $3085.05 ( a commission charge of $54.95 ) , which would be an exchange rate of 1.542525 (which is still better than any other rate currently available).

Paul

.. or $1.57 x 98.25% (ie -1.75%) = $1.542525 (again), which is a good rate, but not if you're leaving from anywhere other than Gatwick.

The onlinefx link should be www.onlinefx.co.uk not .com

Has anybody used Currency Express, they have quite a good rate $1.523, and they guarantee delivery next day. I have never done this before so am a bit worried.

Thanks

Helen

Thanks for the correct web address Malcom. I couldn't access it yesterday.
With TTT travelcorps offer - Would they let you order and pay now, and then pick them up at the airport on the day of your flight.
I want to buy now, but we don't fly till 30th Nov, and I'm not travelling all the way to Gatwick just to collect my currency :D

:jester: 120 to go :jester:

Helen,
I used Currency Express a few weeks ago, they did indeed deliver the very next day after I placed the order (at 8am!)

Can't recommend them highly enough, I'll definitely use them again.

Simon

Anyone got a link for currency express ?
Do you know what rate they're offering, and how much they're delivery charge is ?

:jester: 120 to go :jester:

Alex UK,

Sorry about the onlinefx link, I just knew this linking lark was going too easy (doh!)

Greg

;)

I phoned TTT and they will deliver the money to you, but you have to phone up and order it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter