Who do I forward a complaint to about.........

disneyworld-lover

DVC Member
Recently we stayed at WL and 1 night we upgrades to the VP Suite, yes very $$$$! Yes, it was decorated nice, but WAS NOT CLEANED PROPERLY! We werent able to check into the room on time either, as they said "its not ready yet" and then when we did check in we had to call housekeeping to do some re- cleaning!!! I am not one to make a big stink and TO BE HONEST WE HAVE NEVER HAD THIS EXPERIENCE AT WDW BECAUSE WE ALWAYS EXPECT AND GET TOP QUALITY!! (thats what Disneys all about isnt it??) I guess I should write someone at Disney, but who?? Should it be resort specific? (does each hotel have its own managerial system?) I do have GOOD things to say too, as we had someone who went above and beyond to help us out when we were running late for a dinner reservation we needed to keep or would be charge for if we didnt show. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

How bad was it? Was it really gross? Did you go to the concierge or front desk to speak to a manager? Did you get anyone's name/and or shift date and time? I would write 1 letter and cc it to the WL manager, the mousekeeping mgr, and whom ever you booked the trip thru (your TA, WDTC etc) and whoever else you can think of.

Last year we had a terrible, terrible experience at a high priced caribbean resort (we paid almost $1000 per day!) When we went to the front desk, no body wanted to know anything. When I got home I called my TA. She told me to write a letter, which I did and it was forwaded to the VP of customer relations. Not only did I recieve a full refund for our trip, but was given a vacation voucher with VIP status to come back again, on them. But then again, our entire trip was a disaster.

What exactly are you looking for in retribution? That's why I asked you how bad it was? Did it disrupt your vacation, cause you to miss something? Write your letter this way: put yourself in the seat of the person reading it that could do something for you. What exactly went wrong, how bad was it, and why should they do anything. That is the format I would use. Hope this helps!

Did you complain then?

I think that complaints brought to managements attention at the time of the issue are much more effective in most instances at Disney. For example, you could have taken the manager to the room. Now it is your word against the maids and while I am sure they will apologize the manager won't really be able to have a one on one with the approriate housekeeper.

I also would have complained about the room then and there...especially if I were paying for the VIP suite.

Were you upgraded as a comp or did you pay for it? Your post seemed a little unclear. If you paid for it I would right a letter just letting the resort mgr know that the room could have been cleaned a little better, but that you overeall experience was excellent. If it was a comp ugrade then I would chalk it up to bad timing and leave it at that. I do agree with CarolA that complaints are better served when brought to the attention of management while on site. If you do write the letter I would definately include the good side also.

Scott

Can you please share some more details about your experience. We have that suite and another one booke for October and I would like to know what occured and how your problem is resolved.

Thank you.

Sorry you this problem.

You can write a letter to Disney's Guest Communications. I don't have the address but you can call CRO and they will give the address. Someone from the Executive Office will contact you. You can also send an e-mail and CRO can also give you the e-mail address. I would definitely write.

Originally posted by disneyworld-lover
Recently we stayed at WL and 1 night we upgrades to the VP Suite, yes very $$$$! Yes, it was decorated nice, but WAS NOT CLEANED PROPERLY! We werent able to check into the room on time either, as they said "its not ready yet" and then when we did check in we had to call housekeeping to do some re- cleaning!!! I am not one to make a big stink and TO BE HONEST WE HAVE NEVER HAD THIS EXPERIENCE AT WDW BECAUSE WE ALWAYS EXPECT AND GET TOP QUALITY!! (thats what Disneys all about isnt it??) I guess I should write someone at Disney, but who?? Should it be resort specific? (does each hotel have its own managerial system?) I do have GOOD things to say too, as we had someone who went above and beyond to help us out when we were running late for a dinner reservation we needed to keep or would be charge for if we didnt show. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I need some additional info before I can answer your questions.

What do you mean by "not cleaned properly"?

What do you mean by "weren't able to check into the room on time?

Did you speak with the Housekeeping manager or someone in charge about the "recleaning" issue?

I find that if you bring issues to Disney's attention when they occur they will take care of them.

Can you please share what was wrong with the VP Suite?

Was it a major cleaning issue? Did it make you wish you hadn't booked the room?

Was it taken care of by the CM's at WL?

Thank you. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter