White noise in the rooms of the ASMu?

mickerbaby

Mouseketeer
My one year old always sleeps with "white noise" in the background (a humidifier that I leave on all the time in her room). Do the rooms at the ASMu have an A/C that provides some white noise or should I bring a small fan? I thought I read somewhere that the A/C was very quite in these rooms....which is normally a good thing except when you want a little bit of noise!
Crissy;)

I am so glad to see that I am not the only one that needs the white noise for children to sleep! Both of my girls sleep with an air purifier in their rooms. It keeps rooms cleaner and makes the white noise to help them sleep. We have stayed at the All Star Music twice and I don't remember the ac making noise. For our most recent trips I went to Walmart and bought an air spa to pack. It was only $19.99 and very compact, easy to pack. It is made by Homedics-The Homedics Sound Spa. It is WONDERFUL!!! We bring it on every trip we take now. It has the white noise option, or even the sound of rain, mountain stream, etc. That could be an option for you.:D

We have a "sleepy sounds" machine that plays nature sounds and we have taken it everywhere! It makes anyplace feel like home for the kids. The travel one came from the Discovery Channel store, and uses 4 AA batteries. It plays for a really long time on that set of batteries, most other systems we've tried burn through batteries in a hurry.

At our last stay over Labor Day Weekend at AKL, we had our humidifier with us becasue we were all getting over a cold. Well, it kept the room nice and humid and blocked out any noise we would have heard (we were over the lobby and near the elevators). I definitely plan to take it on our upcoming trip to ASSp. It's a small one , so I just throw it in the suitcase(it's a HUGE duffle bag)

Unfortunetly I did not bring my own "white noise" with me and ended up finding a Walmart and buying a cheap "box" fan after not being able to sleep for two nights (I'm a light sleeper and my daughter is a noisey sleeper, so I was not able to sleep well). After buying the fan (which was actually quite loud!) I slept great and my daughter did not wake up when I got up in the middle of the night or when I got up early to shower and get ready before she awoke.
Unfortuneltly the fan was too big to bring back home so I had to leave it at the hotel, next time I will bring a small one from home like I had considered orginally.
:rolleyes:

We did a very quick spur of the moment trip in Oct to ASSp- I didn't pack my humidifier. I also didn't sleep at ALL the first night!!!!!! I swear there were small chidren running past my room at 1:30 am!

On this last trip I did bring it- what a difference!We were at ASSp again- just a few rooms away from our previous room!

The air just "felt" better somehow- AC is a notorious "air dryer".

The sound just hummed us to sleep- and I didn't hear NOT ONE toilet or sound from anywhere the whole time!

I also brought my own pillow this trip, as I find the AS pillows to be very flat. I did sleep much better this time! My humidifier and pillow are now on my master packing list!

PS- It's also great to have if anyone happens to catch a little cold on the trip!

We've always packed a small fan for white noise on our vacations. Last year, space was at a premium, though, so the fan had to be left behind. We ended up leaving the bathroom exhaust fan on all night and that worked great! Thanks for the great ideas on "sound machines" and humidifiers, too. I think I'll make a run to Wal-mart before our next trip. :cool:

Normally the exhaust fan would be a great idea, but at the ASMu the exhaust fan is on a timer and shuts off after 30 minutes. But until I bought that fan at Walmart I turned the TV to a "snow" channel, used a chair and pillows to block the screen on the TV (because it was bright white!) and turned the volume up. But this really didn't work as well which is why after two practicallly sleepless nights I went to find a fan!
It's terrible to be a light sleeper, I envy those of you who can sleep through anything!!:rolleyes:

We need noise here too LOL!!!!! We used to have the air but sometimes it would shut off. A few trips back, DH came up with a great idea that works perfect!! Set the clock radio to static, kinda like the Snow Channel idea but no light!!! We sleep with a 1 hour waterfall CD on repeat all night long so this is the closest thing to it!!

Good luck!!

Brilliant ideas - never considered bringing anything like these before - small humidifier or the 'sounds' thing from the Discovery Channel shop sounds good - they have one at Orlando International airport don't they?

I sympathise with needing extra pillows - bit difficult getting these over on a long haul flight though - always request extra pillows at check in before we even get to the room - I know we are going to need them (oh, and extra hangers - not enough for a family two week stay)

Sue

I like the clock radio idea. I can't believe I never thought of that before! I think we'll give it a try here at home first, though, to see if it will do the trick. :D

I never travel without our sound machine:D We need it more for our naps when all the other kids are running up and down the hallway at the Polynesian:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter