Which Rides/Attractions Are Most Awkward Solo?

The ONLY awkwardness I ever experience at WDW as a solo traveler isn't where you would expect... The attractions and TS dining experiences have ALL been an absolute joy. Guests and CMs alike are just wonderful! :cutie:

No, the awkwardness that I experience at WDW as a solo, again and again, every single trip... is at PHOTOPASS photographers. Now, not ALL of them, of course... Some are wonderful. But. Soooooo many of the photographers act very strangely about me wanting pictures by myself or just me with a character. And when I'm standing and waiting patiently for my turn to get to a photographer (say on Main Street, for example), other guests will cut in front of me constantly... I can only assume because perhaps they think I'm waiting on the rest of my family or something. Having to then stand up for myself and politely inform both the photographer and the other guests that I was actually next in line has created some sticky, awkward, and at times even unpleasant situations. :sad2: But that being said, I soldier on... I paid for my Memory Maker package so that my whole trip isn't just selfies, so I'm gonna get my money's worth!!

Only awkward moment I remember is at Biergarten. Our table consisted of our entire family and one single guy. Not sure why they chose to seat him with us, but oh well. (Not that we cared at all, just thought it was an odd decision to seat him with us.) To make it worse, he was very shy. We tried to make conversation with him, but he pounded down a plate as fast as he could and got out of there.

I had no problems with any of the photopass photographers at the DLR taking pics of me alone with my camera. I didnt have photopass+ purchased or even getting the photopass cards but I did have a first visit button on pretty much since I entered the park

Count me among those who :love: doing Disney solo. I have no problem going on any rides or eating anywhere alone, and I've gone to just about every restaurant (except at all the resorts). Although, in all honesty more recently I've been avoiding some of the characters meals, but I've done them in the past.

Tomorrow is fast pass day for my next trip. I'm not sure what Enchanted Tales with Belle is. Since I'm not big on character stuff I'm tempted to skip it, but since I've never experienced it, I'm curious.

So, what is Enchanted Tales with Belle?

I've done everything solo that I would have on a trip with others - rides, shows, character meet and greets, TS meals, CS meals, hang out at the pool and go down the water slide, roast marshmallows or s'mores at the resort... The only thing I've ever really had an issue with as a solo traveler is character meals because I love getting pictures with the characters. I've asked the server to please help me with pics, and I've tried to make friends with people sitting near me to help with pics, but it doesn't always work that well. So now I just wait until I'm traveling with someone to do one.

Tomorrow is fast pass day for my next trip. I'm not sure what Enchanted Tales with Belle is. Since I'm not big on character stuff I'm tempted to skip it, but since I've never experienced it, I'm curious.

So, what is Enchanted Tales with Belle?

I am curious about this one as well. I have a fast pass for this and I feel like this has the opportunity to be awkward.

Has anyone done this solo, or, ever, that might be able to give some insight?

I am curious about this one as well. I have a fast pass for this and I feel like this has the opportunity to be awkward.

I've done it with my daughter. You wind through the cottage and then into a room where a magic mirror opens the door and you go into another room where the talking wardrobe (forget her name) tells the children that they're going to help surprise belle. The kids get to play parts - dd roared really loud, so they gave her beast. Some of the grown ups get parts too. Then everyone goes not the next room and belle comes in and they act out the story.
It's very cute for the kids, if you like watching children having fun, you'll enjoy it. You can just be an observer.

Only awkward moment I remember is at Biergarten. Our table consisted of our entire family and one single guy. Not sure why they chose to seat him with us, but oh well. (Not that we cared at all, just thought it was an odd decision to seat him with us.) To make it worse, he was very shy. We tried to make conversation with him, but he pounded down a plate as fast as he could and got out of there.

It's interesting how many diverse opinions that solo travelers have about Biergarten. Some think it's the best ever because they seat you at a communal table. Others run from it because of that aspect. I suppose it depends on your personality and whether you're looking to enjoy a meal by yourself or socialize with others. I think it's the last restaurant I would choose because it's a complete gamble on who else is going to end up at your table. Some of my best travel memories were in actual biergartens in Germany surrounded by friends. I am not sure I could enjoy the Epcot version of it surrounded by strangers.

It's interesting how many diverse opinions that solo travelers have about Biergarten. Some think it's the best ever because they seat you at a communal table. Others run from it because of that aspect. I suppose it depends on your personality and whether you're looking to enjoy a meal by yourself or socialize with others. I think it's the last restaurant I would choose because it's a complete gamble on who else is going to end up at your table. Some of my best travel memories were in actual biergartens in Germany surrounded by friends. I am not sure I could enjoy the Epcot version of it surrounded by strangers.
This is my dilemma when doing hibachi at home - with DH and DD. Sometimes we are seated with friendly people and have a great time and sometimes we are seated with people who SCT like we're not sitting at their table, when that happens it makes the meal less enjoyable.

Agreed. I'm not sure why this guy chose Biegarten if he wasn't social at all. My guess is he didn't realize it was communal seating, but we didn't want to ask because the poor guy was already obviously uncomfortable. A simple "Where are you from?" was difficult for him to answer.

Journey Into Imagination With Figment anyone? It feels like I'm in the middle of a preschool educational show while the original wasn't like that.

It is a cute show, with audience participation but you do not have to- plenty of volunteers! It has some special effects that are worth seeing. I recommend doing it once.

Like you said...you never paid attention to if people were there alone, right? I never have either. And now I am planning my first solo trip for next month. It will be different, but if I never noticed if someone was there alone, then I have to believe no one will notice I am alone either. Plus, many locals go alone frequently. So even if someone noticed, they might just think you are a local. Or maybe you wanted to ride a different ride than your family/friends/travel partners. So you split up for a bit.

It will take some getting used to, but I think it will be so much fun I just won't care what anyone may think!

This is honestly how I see people viewing me when I go to the parks solo. I can always make up a backstory that I'm in the Tower of Terror line by myself because my family was too chicken to come on ;)

I went on Stitch's Great Escape by myself last Friday and it was rather awkward. You're asked to scoot all the way down to the end of the row - the family that was next to me left 2 empty spots in between us. I'm a 27 year old woman, nothing looks creepy about me, I swear! LOL. Plus I sometimes forget that that show is waaaay out of my age range.

It's possible to get some strange looks from over protective Mothers, however the attraction that comes to mind would be Enchanted Tales with Belle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter