• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which retired attraction do you wish you could have ridden?

The skyway. I always thought the views would have been great.

I dug out my pics of WDW when I went as a kid before I took my family for the first time in 2012. It was my first trip since I was a kid. My son's favorite pics were of the Skyway. We were so disappointed when we found out it was closed. The view was spectacular:(

There are few retired rides in WDW that I never got a chance to go on. The one I regret the most is Davy Crockett's Canoes. My brother and my Dad went on them on my first trip, but for some reason I did not. A few trips later it was closed and I still had not had a chance to row those canoes.

DL has the canoes, but they are shut down right now for Star Wars Land. Hopefully, they will reopen after construction. They were really fun. I hadn't done the canoes at WDW either.

I never got to do the Mike Fink boats. Every time I am on the riverboat or Tom Sawyer Island, I see the abandoned boathouse and dream what they were like:sail:

Horizons. I have heard so many talk about it, I really wish I had the opportunity to experience it.

Rocket Rods at DL. They were testing it when I was there and then by the time I was back it was just a distant memory. :sad1:

I remember riding Skyway when I was 10. Like the OP the ride that I really missed out on was 20,000 Leagues. I remember asking my parents to go on it and we didn't end up doing it for whatever reason. My father hated waiting in lines so it's possible that the line was too long :P

I'm curious, was 20,000 Leagues known for having long lines?

Standing in that line was when I knew my Dad really loved me. Or maybe it was that I learned that Mom could convince him to wait it out something rather than leave. ;) 2 hours and it wasn't cool out in early 1972. It was a slow loader but it was also a different time at WDW with far fewer attractions. Nemo at DL still gets long waits during peak hours.

Horizons, because I very barely remember ever riding it. I only have a vivid memory of walking out of it through the room with all the neon lights. (a memory that I didn't realize had to do with Horizons up until recently when I watch a full video of it :rolleyes:. I always knew it was a WDW memory but couldn't figure out where the hell it was from lol. For some reason as a kid I used to link it with Haunted Mansion. Maybe I was scared of Horizons?:rotfl2: lol)

Also Body Wars. I loved that ride when I was young. The only person who would go on it with me was my dad lol.

I would also like to ride 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, if only just to see what the hurray was about. I barely remember riding this as well as a child, but I do remember not liking it. This is probably where my weird phobia of aquariums came from lol.

Most definitely Horizons. I've ridden most everything else, and tho I was of an age where I'm sure I would have enjoyed it (It was for every age, remember?), for some reason I never got to ride it. I've become a bit obsessed with it ever since. I would have like to do the Mike Fink boats too, but if I got the chance to go back and do just one, it would be Horizons, hands down.

I sure as heck miss the Skyway tho. One of my favorites.

In addition to the Adventurer's Club, I wish I hadn't missed The Hunchback of Notre Dame show. It closed just before we started taking my daughter.

I did get to ride 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, but I miss it every time we go back. I wish I could have ridden the Alien Encounter.

The skyway. I always thought the views would have been great.

'And' it was!!! Was one of my favorites of all times - was so neat to use as a convenient way to cross the park also.

No rides at WDW that I did not get to experience - here now, and have been going since 2nd year of opening (1972), but there are plenty that I wish they would have kept!

No way for those that have only been going to Disney the last 20-25 years to understand how great it was to basically just hop on 'any' ride when you felt like it - no crowds, few strollers, and no ECV's.

for me it's a show - Tarzan Rocks - and the Adventurer's Club!! As a child of the 70's and 80's I was lucky enough to experience many of the retired rides.

Back then there actually were high seasons and low seasons. I always went toward the end of February which was considered a low season. There were still a lot of people there because it was connected to Presidents week, but, all the lines physically were long, but, since they continued to move constantly, it went fairly fast. No FP to create a bottle neck and when you got to the front of the line... you were next. It was a wonderful system. If you got to a ride and the line was excessively long you just walked past it and returned later when the line was shorter. Fastpass was the worst decision that Disney ever made.

To answer your question... Yes and No. Yes the lines could be fairly long at times, but, the wait was nowhere near as frustrating as the current system creates.

Horizons, World of Motion, the original Figment with Dream Finder, the top of the ImageWorks building, any part of the Wonders of Life pavilion, Listen to the Land, even Kitchen Kabaret. So many "original" things were way before my time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter