Which retired attraction do you wish you could have ridden?

Scubee

DIS Veteran
It's been asked before, but talking about old attractions are some of my favorite Dis threads. Plus, for those new to visiting (both the World and the Dis), I'm always interested in what you think. So, just for fun...

Which retired attraction do you wish you could have ridden but didn't or perhaps never had the chance to? It could be an attraction that you've heard about, read about, watched the old videos of, but it was retired before you began going to the World. Maybe it was an attraction your parents wouldn't take you on.

Here's mine: My first trip to MK was at the age of ten. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea looked amazing! The water, the ships, the waterfall and cave! We made four trips before it closed. My parents, who I think were probably claustrophobic, always had a reason why we couldn't ride the attraction. I never got the chance to experience it!

And now, my attractions calendar features Tokyo Disney Sea's "Mysterious Island" for the month of February.

339d4a91-afe0-403d-bfa8-644895304d6c.jpg

When we went in 2004, I was hoping to ride Body Wars but it was not open during our visit in August.

ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter
This. Everything else that ever interested me I've experienced. Been going to WDW since 1972. Disneyland is a different story. Even though I've been there 6 times since 1968, there's lots I never got to do.

The skyway. I always thought the views would have been great.
We rode it several times. As YouTube videos will show the views were mostly of the tops of ride buildings that looked like what they were, large warehouse type buildings with a couple of feet of facade on them. It was an enjoyable ride but not as spectacular as one might think.

ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter

I was one of the few people who actually loved this attraction! DH and I would be terrified!!! I wish they would bring it back and replace the yucky Stitch ride.

I also wish I could have ridden Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

I agree that I wish they would bring Spectro back. Now I started going to Disney in 1989 when I was 4, but I grew up with Spectromagic and I would love watching the parade. MSEP does not do anything for me personally since I never remembered it and I few it as a little more childish, not that I'm saying that it is bad. I enjoyed the music to Spectro.

The Skyway. I have never been on it. When I first saw pics of it, I couldn't believe that they had such a thing in MK.

Another thing (not a ride) I want is Pop Century Legendary Years. I like the idea of it and I like Monopoly Game.
Every time I see AoA's Mermaid section, I would remember what it should have been.

The skyway. I always thought the views would have been great.
The skyway was wonderful, went on that a lot as a kid. I still think the park looks like there's something missing without it

Maybe the original Figment. Then I could understand why fans love it so. (I've seen YouTube recordings, but it needs to be in person...?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter