which resorts has best layout/theme

Kcags

Mouseketeer
Hi all. My hubby and I are looking for a small contract around 50 points. We will visit every other year. We will probably use our points at various resorts if they are available. We have only stayed at WL and love it there. We love that everything is centrally located. Specifically, there is only one bus stop location. I also love that the cafe, gym, and pool are not too far from the lobby. Which other dvc resorts are similar? I was originally thinking buying SSR because you get more bang for your buck, but I know this resort is very spread out and I think we would be happier knowing we can book a home resort that better fits our needs. I also don't feel the disney magic when seeing SSR. So what does everyone think my best bet would be for best layout and theme? Thanks for any advice.

Hi all. My hubby and I are looking for a small contract around 50 points. We will visit every other year. We will probably use our points at various resorts if they are available. We have only stayed at WL and love it there. We love that everything is centrally located. Specifically, there is only one bus stop location. I also love that the cafe, gym, and pool are not too far from the lobby. Which other dvc resorts are similar? I was originally thinking buying SSR because you get more bang for your buck, but I know this resort is very spread out and I think we would be happier knowing we can book a home resort that better fits our needs. I also don't feel the disney magic when seeing SSR. So what does everyone think my best bet would be for best layout and theme? Thanks for any advice.

That's very subjective. We love SSR and OKW. Not a big fan of BLT or BWV. But ask someone else and they will love BWV and hate OKW.

With that question, you'll get answers for all 8 resorts. :)
It also depends on when you want to go and what you like to do on your vacation.
We love BCV because Epcot is our favorite park. We love Stormalong Bay. :beach:
Bought SSR site unseen and although it's not my favorite, the Treehouses were nice (a little high in points).
We love OKW so much we are buying a resale contract. We love the open feel of the resort and how if feels like you are not even in WDW. :lovestruc I know it's not everyone's cup of tea.
I think it really is a combination of what you want in a vacation that makes you fall in love with a particular resort.

Ours is VGF! Close enough to everything for us.. And loving the location!
But like others have said your going to get all kind of answers..
Of you are looking for a small contract of 50, and going every other year, that only leaves you 100p every other year. Correct?

If this is the case you may need to look at the point charts..
Based on how many points you need for a week stay? (You didn't say how many days you plan to go)
If you are going for a week every other year, your best option maybe AKL value studio..

For us it's BWV and VGF for theme, views, and location and VWL for theme and location. We also own AKV, BCV and BLT with BLT being our least favorite.

Don't just depend on other peoples thoughts, take the time to spend time at the resorts and/or buy some SSR points to play with knowing that you will sell later when you decide what's your favorite.

:earsboy: Bill

BCV could be an option. The villas are just a short walk from the quick service and main lobby. With your wish of everything being central, I don't think that AKV (quick service is in Jambo), SSR (really spread out) or BLT (several things in the contemporary) would be a good fit.

We have only stayed at WL and love it there. We love that everything is centrally located. Specifically, there is only one bus stop location. I also love that the cafe, gym, and pool are not too far from the lobby. Which other dvc resorts are similar?

From a theming standpoint WL is great as you said, to me it transports you to the Northwest.

Animal Kingdom (Jambo House) will give you that great theming as well (obviously Africa not Pacific Northwest). I believe both resorts were designed by the same person/company.

My home resort is Boardwalk, so I am biased, but it gives has the touches of an old time Boardwalk. I prefer resorts where the theming is more pronounced, so I don't particularly care for SSR. OKW is very nice and there are BIG fans of both resorts on this board, but with individual buildings, they would not fit your criteria.

For theme I love AKV and DH loves VWL. I loved the busing at AKV as it has it's own bus. Yes, the rides are a little longer but it seems quicker without all those stops. I don't remember the busing at VWL since we only stayed there once (5.5 years ago)...but they have the boat to MK.

I agree with previous posters who say that you will get a different answer from almost every person on the Dis. ;) So, at least visiting some of them first will help you narrow it down.

Our personal favorites for theming and layout, are VWL, BCV and AKV. We love the boat ride to MK from the Lodge, the serenity and far away from it all feel from AKV and the middle of the action feel of BCV.

We didn't love SSR because it was so large, and the theming didn't have as much of a "wow" factor as I like in WDW resorts. It felt like an upscale housing plan to us. I also didn't care too much for BLT. The location was nice, but the ultra modern , clean lines are not my taste. My husband enjoyed it there though :goodvibes

Haven't stayed at BWV (25 days!! :cool1:) , OKW, VGF yet.

Best layout and theme resorts at WDW for me are VWL and AKV - Jambo but every DVC resort has pros and cons (except those 2 of course. ;) ).

We are awaiting ROFR on our first contract...BLT, which happens to be our favorite resort in the whole World. Followed closely by AKV.

Our least favorite, by a country mile, is BWV. I actually like Pop Century better. We kind of hated our BWV stay last year.

If you know that you love the layout of wilderness lodge, why would you buy anywhere else?

We own there, and while we trade out as often as we "stay home", we really enjoy the booking advantage for the holiday season. And there's a hard goods refurbishment happening right now-which will be completed before you could finalize the purchase of a resale contract.

The only other resort that is similar in size and in compact feel is VGF. It is a beautiful property, and objectively it has more of a "premier" feel than VWL, but it will cost you dramatically more. I doubt you will see a VGF 50 point resale any time soon, and as a new member DVC won't let you buy "just 50" direct. So realistically it's out of consideration for your stated parameters.

All this said, there isn't any DVC resort where I wouldn't be happy staying. Good luck with your decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter