Which resort is a never or never again for you?

I agree with Serenity Now and will never return to CBR. In addition to the bus stop issues, there’s so much walking necessary to go anywhere in the resort. When we stayed there, we had blisters on our blisters after walking in the parks then all over CBR. We actually preferred All Star Music to it.

Unlike many others, we actually loved the Contemporary. We had a high tower room just below club level with an amazing view of Bay Lake. We were very fortunate to not have noisy neighbors, nor were we bothered by Chef Mickeys. We much prefer the Polynesian and Beach Club, but I had hoped to return to the Contemporary one day. However with the new theming, we will not he returning ever again. I am thankful for our stay there in 2015 because it was once in a lifetime.

Kidani Village. Tiny lobby (intimate, as Disney says), narrow corridors to the room wings which made it difficult to navigate wife's wheelchair, far from almost everything, and, realistically, half an hour of watching the animals is about as good as 6 hours of watching the animals.

Last edited:
After staying at Art of Animation 10 years ago, we really liked the theming, the pool and the food court but would not have gone back due to the bus being the only park transportation (such a big resort with many groups staying there made for looong bus waits at park close). Skyliner was a complete game changer for our stay at Art last week.

I loved Fort Wilderness when we rented a huge DVC condo with another family. Transportation wise it is down a notch for me now with the main advantage being the boats to MK. Don’t think I feel the need to go back to FW again. Would like to try Boardwalk or Beach
Club since they are walkable to Epcot and HS.

Port New Orleans.
We're no strangers to walking but it was a bit too spread out for us. The perk for us was being able to take the boat down town.

Contemporary. So, so, SO loud. Did I mention it was loud? We were in club level on the top floor, and I think the slanted roof funneled all the sound from Chef Mickey into our room. We could hear silverware clanking on plates with the door closed. The garden wing rooms are just too far of a walk. Since MK isn’t our fav park, I just wouldn’t spend the money to stay there again.

There aren't any I would say never to but there are a few that if given a choice with somewhere else, I'd probably stay at the somewhere else.

Any of the monorail resorts - just because MK is only a half day park for us and I'm not a fan of being forced to either use the monorail to get Epcot or go over to MK and catch a bus. I'm one of the few that don't like the monorail. I would rule any of them out for a split stay though.

Any of the resorts that only use the skyliner to get to Epcot or HS. Again, not a fan of the skyliner, when it's running it's o.k. but it does tend to be finicky in the Florida weather. I don't like that it isn't a direct flight to Epcot. I actually don't mind the buses. But again, wouldn't rule any of them out for a split stay.

If given a choice between CSR and CBR, I'd pick CSR any day of the week but if CBR were significantly less, I would stay there. The same with a choice between POFQ and POR, I prefer POR but if POFQ were significantly less, I'd stay there.

SS and Riv. I haven't stayed at either yet, two of the few I haven't stayed at. I'm not a huge fan of the size of SS and again with the skyliner at Riv. If I'm staying at a deluxe, I'm staying at one of the Epcot resorts. Again, wouldn't rule either out at the beginning of a split stay but so far, I've found moderates at better prices for that.

I haven't stayed at WL yet, again because of the whole MK being a half day park thing. I have stayed at the Fort in our RV.

Art of Animation - loudest, most uncomfortable resort I have ever stayed in. I'm also done with CR tower, though I may do a garden wing room at a good price. The tower is loud and sterile and I just don't find CR to be a very inviting resort. In face, it doesn't really feel like a resort at all and the pool area is in desperate need of a refurb. The Incredibles rooms are also terrible and do not fit into Mary Blair's aesthetic in any way, shape or form - complete disconnect between the room theming and Grand Canyon concourse.

AoA my family really disliked this resort. It's so big compared to ASMu. At ASMu it's really easy to park near your building but not the way they designed AoA, it's a long walk to everything! And my family has a number of ppl who have a fear of heights so the skyliner is a big no way for us!

Coronado for us; the convention vibe felt different and we ran into way more smokers around the resort than any other we've stayed at. Which I admit could have just been bad luck, but with so many other resorts to enjoy there is no reason to try it again.

Any of the values at this point. Wilderness Lodge and the Grand Floridian both have themes I'm not crazy about, but I'd stay at both with DVC if the opportunity was right.

The only resort we ever actively disliked was All Stars. We stayed at a few mods that weren't bad. We're DVC now still wanting to try them all out but have enjoyed the ones we've experienced.:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter