Which Queues Don't Accommodate Wheelchairs?

I went there in 2019 and I had to use my cane and basically climb a mountain to get to the ride and there was no flat entrance to it, at least at the time. If that has been fixed that is great, but it wasn't when I went to Smugglers Run. If there was another section for entrance, I was not made aware of it.
basically what we do is just drive/push through the LL line. Most of the time we have DAS for DB, so we have yet to do the normal queue. It’s a bit of a hike up with the slope, but we then get directed to the first room, then through to the waiting area, where sometimes we have to wait depending on the availability of the accessible area. Once in, we park the chair and ECV, get in the ride; then once done, we go out and take the elevator down to the exit area. AFAIK, it’s been like that since Smugglers opened. (We rode in Nov 2019 the first time.)

basically what we do is just drive/push through the LL line. Most of the time we have DAS for DB, so we have yet to do the normal queue. It’s a bit of a hike up with the slope, but we then get directed to the first room, then through to the waiting area, where sometimes we have to wait depending on the availability of the accessible area. Once in, we park the chair and ECV, get in the ride; then once done, we go out and take the elevator down to the exit area. AFAIK, it’s been like that since Smugglers opened. (We rode in Nov 2019 the first time.)

When we have done Smuggler's Run through the normal queue, I had no issue taking my ECV through the line. There should be no issue with a wheelchair. When we got to the actual ride, I parked my ECV and walked the short distance to the ride.

When we have done Smuggler's Run through the normal queue, I had no issue taking my ECV through the line. There should be no issue with a wheelchair. When we got to the actual ride, I parked my ECV and walked the short distance to the ride.

Same here. We have taken in both wheelchair and ECV to the Smugglers Run line. Both through the regular line and the LL. We are Disneyland regulars and have ridden it since June 2019 with a wheelchair or ECV every single time.

Jungle Cruise can accommodate a wheelchair, but the wait is much longer as there are way less boats that can accommodate one. This video is Disneyland, but it loads the same at Disney World.

Still has it!

No offense but with DS wearing a cast on his leg, Kali would not be a ride to consider. I know you plan to cover it with waterproof bag but going on Kali seems to be tempting fate. :)

Also to be clear, I was discussing Smuggler's Run at Disneyworld. I assume the queue at Disneyland is the same at Disneyworld but since the previous responder said "Disneyland", just wanted to mention which park I have had the experience.

No offense but with DS wearing a cast on his leg, Kali would not be a ride to consider. I know you plan to cover it with waterproof bag but going on Kali seems to be tempting fate. :)

Also to be clear, I was discussing Smuggler's Run at Disneyworld. I assume the queue at Disneyland is the same at Disneyworld but since the previous responder said "Disneyland", just wanted to mention which park I have had the experience.
Not sure what you mean, I was replying to @betty rohrer and her post about Kali not being sure if it had the separate loading area for WC's after covid- it still does.

Not sure what you mean, I was replying to and her post about Kali not being sure if it had the separate loading area for WC's after covid- it still does.

Apologies, I was trying to be clear to OP that even if Kali does have "easy" access for wheelchairs, that I wasn't sure it would be a good idea for her DS to ride Kali with the cast on his ankle. I always seemed to get soaked regardless of the orientation of the raft. :)

Sorry, I was not clear about Smugglers Run... We are Disneyland locals/regulars and have ridden there since 2019 and have also ridden at WDW in 2019, 2021, and 2022. The queues are exactly the same as near as I can tell. Even the crazy turns and elevations.

Same here. We have taken in both wheelchair and ECV to the Smugglers Run line. Both through the regular line and the LL. We are Disneyland regulars and have ridden it since June 2019 with a wheelchair or ECV every single time.
Well, if that is the case I was a witness to reverse bit of Disney Magic. I asked a CM and was told that I could go into the standby line but not with a ECV and they let me walk in via the exit which was a fairly steep uphill walk. By the time I got up there I was hurting but I had gone that far and was going to experience it if it killed me. No one ever mentioned any other alternative. I used the ECV in standby all the while I was in WDW and never had an issue until then. I was there in mid September 2019. At the time I seem to remember that I had to step up to get into the attraction building so I never questioned it.

Flight of Passage's queue is wheelchair accessible but be forewarned that the queue is steep. I pushed my son in law up the queue and he is a hundred pounds heavier than me. He uses a chair due to a back injury and can transfer. The ride vehicle might be a challenge with a leg cast.

When my boyfriend needed an ECV for a hurt ankle I had quite a struggle pushing him in a wheelchair for the queues where I had to. Space Mountain was terrifying. Trying to go downhill in that part of the queue was crazy. I almost lost him and sent him flying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter