Which Moderate Resort should we choose?

whitney025

Earning My Ears
My fiance and I are honeymooning at Disney in August, we were originally going to stay in a value resort, but have now decided to go with a moderate resort, I was wondering which resort we should stay at?

My fiance and I are honeymooning at Disney in August, we were originally going to stay in a value resort, but have now decided to go with a moderate resort, I was wondering which resort we should stay at?

You will get so many different responses to this. You'll hear good things about each resort and bad things about each resort. Personally, we've only stayed at the Coronado and we celebrated our 25th anniversary there this past September (it was our seventh stay at the CSR). We find it to be very romantic, quiet, peaceful and serene. DH and I love taking walks at night after the sun has gone down around the resort, and especially through the Casitas section with the fountains in the courtyards and the lights reflecting off of them. There are now queen beds at the CSR; it has a great main pool and the largest hot tub of all the mods; they've added a new lounge, The Rix, which has live music after 9 p.m. There is a fitness center/spa and full menu room service. Being a convention resort, it seems more adult oriented at the CSR (although there are still lots of families there with kids; it was our boys favorite resort when they traveled with us).

We have visited the other moderates and we would consider staying at the POFQ only if the CSR was not available (we just see no reason to mess with near perfection after seven stays at CSR) and then possibly POR. We would not stay at the CBR at all (although it does have a beach feel to it).

I would suggest you look at pictures of all of moderates and see which theme appeals to you and what each resort offers (POR has the boat to Downtown Disney), that will interest you and then weigh the pros and cons.

As I said, you'll get lots of different views. Someone will say they had a bad CM at "this" resort or bad mousekeeping at "this" resort. Just remember this can happen anywhere (we've had it happen at the deluxes). Go with what appeals to you the most and have a wonderful Honeymoon! Disney is a great place to celebrate it.

KatMark is correct, everyone will give you different opinions and you can find good and bad at every resort, but that's what you are looking for correct opinions? Personally, I like CBR, I love the atmosphere there I find it very relaxing, although I do think the busing is slow. Regardless of where you stay have a great time!:love:

By the way, we will be there Aug 20th -28th.

I have daughters that are both in their 20s (which I assume is closer to your age than I am) and both of them agree on their favorite moderate resort. They both LOVE Port Orleans Riverside followed closely by Caribbean Beach. Both HATE Coronado Springs. My youngest is getting married in October and she thinks that the POR is the most romantic of the moderates but that the walk around the lake at CBR is also pretty romantic. Personally I would think that with the opening of the new pirate pool at CBR that it will be crowded with many small children this summer -- sometimes not the most romantic experience for a honeymoon.

I would say that if you are honeymooners, POR would be first choice. More spread out and the boat to DTD is there. I would check on food court info though as the Boatwright's restaurant is no longer serving breakfast (my mom and I loved their breakfast choices). I have stayed at CSR and really like that as well. You can't go wrong with the fact that the beds are all queen sized, although I think at either resort you could request a king. Very pretty and BIG! We like the Pepper Market so if you choose this one make sure to get the dining plan as it is much different from other food courts, and pricier as well. Very interesting "food court." Really depends on what you and DH like to do. I think POR would be somewhat quieter, you can rent fishing poles if your into that as well. Good luck with your decision and congrats on your upcoming marriage.

DH and I love CBR! :lovestruc We love the lush beautiful spacious grounds, the relaxing romantic tropical atmosphere, the larger rooms, the double sinks, the friendly CM's, and the awesome new pool!

We also enjoy laying on a hammock by the lake in the evening watching IllumiNations! :cloud9:

Have a great vacation and congratulations on your wedding! :goodvibes

My husband and I stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter for our honeymoon!:love: (also in August!) It was lovely! The staff was so wonderful. They gave us a gorgeous corner room with a view of the river. The theme is a lot of fun. All the little sidewalks and "gas lamps" all over with street signs and beautiful landscaping. It's wonderful. We LOVED the boat to Downtown Disney.

We really liked that it's a compact resort. No matter which building you are in, you are close to food court and buses. POFQ is the first pick up and drop off for the bus service shared with Riverside. We really like Riverside as well, but we much preferred the smaller scale of POFQ. Riverside is A LOT of walking.

I hope whichever resort you choose, you have a wonderful honeymoon! Disney is the best place to be!! Congratulations!!:goodvibes

I think POR is pretty and quiet, and it's nice to be close to downtown disney. But it's the only moderate I've stayed at.

CSR... hands down. The hot tub is wonderful late at night, no other moderates have a hot tub. The hammocks are so great, ahhh... the lake and lights at night ... the ADULT 21 and over bar..... so many reasons, and because one side is a convention center, I tend to believe that you get slightly better service than at other moderates. We own at DVC, but stay weekends at the CSR every time. Good luck with your choice.

CSR... hands down. The hot tub is wonderful late at night, no other moderates have a hot tub. The hammocks are so great, ahhh... the lake and lights at night ... the ADULT 21 and over bar..... so many reasons, and because one side is a convention center, I tend to believe that you get slightly better service than at other moderates. We own at DVC, but stay weekends at the CSR every time. Good luck with your choice.

As much as I love CSR and agree with you, all of the other mods have hot tubs as well...CSR just has the biggest one. :goodvibes

CSR is nice. Recently refurbished, and I think all the rooms have queen beds.

I haven't stayed at POR, but have two friends who went there for their honeymoons and loved it!

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter