Which is better for crowds and flights?

disneyjr77

DIS Veteran
I'm starting to plan our trip for next year and am tossing around the idea of doing Monday-Tuesday instead of Friday-Saturday (what we usually do). Has anyone done a non-standard travel week? What is it like? Is flying cheaper during the week? What about the crowds, would that even make a difference? I'm debating between Jun 19-27 (m-t) and Jun 23-Jul 1 (f-s), staying at Cabana Bay

I don't know why I think it will make a huge difference, but I feel like it's going to be a whole new experience and it's legit only a few days different :laughing:

I can just give you our experiences. We are retired and travel during the week when we fly. We usually booked our trips from Mon. or Tues. to the following Thursday. If you look at the prices on different days, there could be a big difference even between Monday and Tuesday. Good luck. We never travel Sat to Sat anyway,

We often do quick weekends because of work but occasionally do a long weekend and at least once per year stay a whole week. We’ve always found weekdays to be much less crowded. Saturday’s for us have been peak crowds.

Because we’ve been visiting very often, we began using Spirit/Frontier (only a 2 hour flight) and each have a small suitcase as our personal item so zero fees. They often have specials for Tuesday/Wednesday flights which often brings it down to around $40 each way per person. I would imagine many other airlines offer cheaper rates on weekdays opposed to weekends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter