Which hotel to stay in?

Coolsbreeze

Earning My Ears
Anyone have any hotel recommendations? I prefer to have a hotel that's relatively close to Disney World as I won't have a car. Anything with a shuttle would be cool. Also having free breakfast would be cool to have as well.

We've only stayed at one off-property hotel so nothing in terms of comparison. That being said, we had a great time at the Drury Inn in the Disney Springs area. They have a pretty good breakfast and dinner spread that is included in the cost of your hotel. Looks like it has shot up in popularity, the current prices are higher then when we booked back in March for a late September 2023 stay. The pricing now is getting closer to a Pop Century when you take into account you do get two meals and three drinks included in your stay, and while there is a shuttle at the Drury, it is not Disney transportation and is a long far cry from the Skyliner. Great property, incredibly nice staff, lovely pool and what is included is a draw. Price-wise though you really need to look at the convenience factor of what you're giving up when comparing to a WDW value resort.

If you are traveling solo, honestly I recommend staying at a value resort vs. off-property. While they don’t have free breakfast, you never have to worry about shuttle times or using rideshare to get back to your hotel. I think for solo travelers with a car, sometimes off-property places can offer features that make them more appealing, but dealing with hotel shuttles is a pain and rideshare costs can quickly escalate the total cost of your stay above the cost of staying on property.

If you are traveling solo, honestly I recommend staying at a value resort vs. off-property. While they don’t have free breakfast, you never have to worry about shuttle times or using rideshare to get back to your hotel. I think for solo travelers with a car, sometimes off-property places can offer features that make them more appealing, but dealing with hotel shuttles is a pain and rideshare costs can quickly escalate the total cost of your stay above the cost of staying on property.

I agree. I work for Hilton and can get discounted rates, yet I still choose to stay with Disney because I don't want to deal with the offsite shuttles or ride-share, which would pretty much eat up anything I saved. If I want to keep it lower-cost, which I often do for a solo trip, the All-Stars do just fine.

I would also suggest looking at prices at the All Star resorts in addition to off property. You don’t mention your budget, but the most expensive breakfast entree at All Star this morning is just under $13.00, if you want to factor that into your decision.

I travel to Disney solo most of the time. Since I drive to Disney, I always have my car and don’t have to rely on shuttles. However, I do prefer to rely on Disney transportation. If you are visiting Epcot and want an adult beverage or two, you know you have a reliable and convenient way to return to your resort. The shuttles that off property hotels offer won’t run as frequently, and sometimes they only drop and pick up from one location, such as the TTC or at Epcot, so you have to allow enough time to get to/from the drop off point to where you are spending the day.

There are cheap hotels around, particularly in the Kissimmee area, but as a frequent solo who made the mistake of staying in one (only had to make that mistake once) remember that you get what you pay for, and your safety is important. If it were me, I would price out the Swan and Dolphin and the Disney Springs resorts, and then compare them to the Disney value resorts. I would not look at hotels farther off property without a car.

The shuttles are a problem no matter where you stay offsite. They have strict times for pickup on either direction. In 48 visits I have stayed onsite only once and found them more confining then the shuttles. I always, always rent a car if I don't have my own.

Going onsite daily really is no hassle as long as you find one on 192 close to the original entrance to WDW. Yes, you pay for parking at the parks, but you can get a hotel offsite, rent a car and eat your main meals offsite and pay for parking while saving a massive amount of money. By the time you pay the "discounted rates" and buy your meals on property you will make a much larger dent in the wallet then staying offsite with a car. It also opens up the rest of central Florida for so many other things like Universal, SeaWorld, Lego Land, Kennedy Space Ctr. and hundreds of roadside things that are really worth seeing. It is all a matter of what you are there for. Are you there to visit the parks or to spend a lot of money just to sleep with a 5 foot mouse roaming the halls. Personal choice, but you need to know that there are other options and they aren't anywhere near as stressful as you might have been led to believe.

I have stayed at Fairfield inn in Flamingo Creek back when Disney was charging for parking onsite. It was nice with a nice breakfast. Right off of AK on Western Way. I drive so I didn’t have to use shuttle.

But I would look at All Stars and Pop. Disney transportation is going to be more flexible than shuttles.

The shuttles are a problem no matter where you stay offsite. They have strict times for pickup on either direction. In 48 visits I have stayed onsite only once and found them more confining then the shuttles. I always, always rent a car if I don't have my own.

Going onsite daily really is no hassle as long as you find one on 192 close to the original entrance to WDW. Yes, you pay for parking at the parks, but you can get a hotel offsite, rent a car and eat your main meals offsite and pay for parking while saving a massive amount of money. By the time you pay the "discounted rates" and buy your meals on property you will make a much larger dent in the wallet then staying offsite with a car. It also opens up the rest of central Florida for so many other things like Universal, SeaWorld, Lego Land, Kennedy Space Ctr. and hundreds of roadside things that are really worth seeing. It is all a matter of what you are there for. Are you there to visit the parks or to spend a lot of money just to sleep with a 5 foot mouse roaming the halls. Personal choice, but you need to know that there are other options and they aren't anywhere near as stressful as you might have been led to believe.
Thx for the tips. I'm mostly there for 3 parks. Epcot, MK, and Hollywood Studios. I also want to do some shopping at the two outlets on International Drive. I guess I should ask you if there a reliable bus service that goes to DW from International Drive?

I have stayed at Fairfield inn in Flamingo Creek back when Disney was charging for parking onsite. It was nice with a nice breakfast. Right off of AK on Western Way. I drive so I didn’t have to use shuttle.

But I would look at All Stars and Pop. Disney transportation is going to be more flexible than shuttles.
I have seen a few of the Fairfield Inns and that might be my choice. They have the free breakfast, relatively quieter location, somewhat close to DW. There's a few on International Drive I might consider. My plan is to visit three parks. MK, Hollywood Studios and Epcot. And there are a few things I might want to do on International Drive like the outlets. I might just suck it up and pay for ride share or take the bus, unless do you know if the bus are as unreliable as the shuttles?

Offsite, I would stay at the Drury. Free breakfast, plus a happy hour with free food, plus walking distance to Disney Springs. it Is cheaper than a value onsite at least it was last time I priced it…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter