• Stopping in the walkway

• Line jumping

• Pool Hopping

• Alcohol Anything

• Flash Photos

• Tipping

• Other Explain

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have a really dumb question. The first few posts on this thread are in regards to the refillable mugs. Can I ask whats wrong with them? or why they are being "flamed"?

Reusing the mugs gets flamed. Many believe STRONGLY that they should not be reused on your next trip, many others feel there is nothing wrong with it. I am neutral on the subject.

oh ok. was wondering what the issue was LOL....didnt want to miss some etiquette that could get me flamed in May when we go. Thx for the explanation

disneyfantotheend said:
Many believe STRONGLY that they should not be reused
Ampng the many being Disney management, which sets the rules and conditions for use of refillable mugs. They are, and have been for MANY years, for use at the resort purchased and only for the vacation during which they were purchased. In fact, in part probably for financial reason, in part probably in response to observation and customer complaints, and in part for other reasons, WDW has stopped offering resort-specific mugs - so a mug purchased at the beginning of a split stay can be used at the next resort/s as well.

pharmgirl69 said:
oh ok. was wondering what the issue was LOL....didnt want to miss some etiquette that could get me flamed in May when we go.
Don't worry. Unless you were wearing a t-shirt identifying yourself as "DIS Board Member Pharmgirl69 Proudly reusing a mug" - any flaming would be general ;)

other: "do I or don't I spend the extra 6 bucks a ticket for assigned seating on Airtran" :rolleyes1

oh ok. was wondering what the issue was LOL....didnt want to miss some etiquette that could get me flamed in May when we go. Thx for the explanation

I was SO flamed for posting that we reused mugs for split staysl and, people forget that, originallyl, there were resort specific mugs sold as "forever" mugs" but there always will be the "moral police" who feel it is their jobs to tell you waht you should and shouldn't do.
one trip, we actualy stayed at 3 dif. types of disney resorts (value, moderate, and deluxe) we wanted to try out the dif. resorts. I'll be darned if I was going to buy 3 dif. mugs for every person in my party, when I was staying ON disney property, spending my money there. (really, I could have stayed the whole time at a value resort, and spent a lot less money!)
do whatever YOU feel is right, and nevermiond what anyone else tells you to do.l (be aware, at Coronado SPrings, you have to give your mug to a CM. and they don't care about the new "SPLIT STAY"rules. )
of COURSE, it's ridiculous to stand there at the food court, filling up jugs with soda, etc. but, I have seen here on the dis, people complaining about families with small children. say there is a family of 6 ..4 kids. you buy 3 mugs. fill them, take them to the pool or your room. no NO! each little kid has to buy thier own mug! a 3 year old and a 4 year old cannot! split one! if a 3 year old take a couple sips off mom's mug:scared1: you are a thief! you need to buy a seperate mug for her! you're "sharing" a mug!
generally, common sense prevails. mom and dad each wnat their own mug for coffee or tea anyway. the mugs are big, let the kids split one. (and disney only changes them once a year or so for a reason. if you give them your money 2 or 3 times a year... don't sweat the purchase of another mug;)

I was SO flamed for posting that we reused mugs for split staysl and, people forget that, originallyl, there were resort specific mugs sold as "forever" mugs" but there always will be the "moral police" who feel it is their jobs to tell you waht you should and shouldn't do.
one trip, we actualy stayed at 3 dif. types of disney resorts (value, moderate, and deluxe) we wanted to try out the dif. resorts. I'll be darned if I was going to buy 3 dif. mugs for every person in my party, when I was staying ON disney property, spending my money there. (really, I could have stayed the whole time at a value resort, and spent a lot less money!)
do whatever YOU feel is right, and nevermiond what anyone else tells you to do.l (be aware, at Coronado SPrings, you have to give your mug to a CM. and they don't care about the new "SPLIT STAY"rules. )
of COURSE, it's ridiculous to stand there at the food court, filling up jugs with soda, etc. but, I have seen here on the dis, people complaining about families with small children. say there is a family of 6 ..4 kids. you buy 3 mugs. fill them, take them to the pool or your room. no NO! each little kid has to buy thier own mug! a 3 year old and a 4 year old cannot! split one! if a 3 year old take a couple sips off mom's mug:scared1: you are a thief! you need to buy a seperate mug for her! you're "sharing" a mug!
generally, common sense prevails. mom and dad each wnat their own mug for coffee or tea anyway. the mugs are big, let the kids split one. (and disney only changes them once a year or so for a reason. if you give them your money 2 or 3 times a year... don't sweat the purchase of another mug;)

Yes, your post makes sense. We have many (from different resorts) of the forever mugs and do see them at resorts. I personnally don't see anything wrong with them or using them. What are the new split stay rules? Or are you fooling around? Just wondering. Thanks and yes, I agree with your post!

Split-stay "rules": a mug purchased during a visit to Walt Disney World can be used at consecutive resorts during the same visit. If you arrive today and buy a mug at All Star Movies, and Wednesday you move to CSR, and next Saturday you move to Animal Kingdom Lodge - where before you'd be expected to buy three mugs, now you can use the same mug at all three resorts.

On the other hand, if you stay at ASM this week, and CSR the first week in June, and AKL the first week in September - nope, you're expected to buy a new mug each time. You're not supposed to bring them back on subsequent trips.

Please DON'T ask about "what if I split up my WDW trip with a cruise?" or "what if I head over to Universal for a night or two?".

Split-stay "rules": a mug purchased during a visit to Walt Disney World can be used at consecutive resorts during the same visit. If you arrive today and buy a mug at All Star Movies, and Wednesday you move to CSR, and next Saturday you move to Animal Kingdom Lodge - where before you'd be expected to buy three mugs, now you can use the same mug at all three resorts.

On the other hand, if you stay at ASM this week, and CSR the first week in June, and AKL the first week in September - nope, you're expected to buy a new mug each time. You're not supposed to bring them back on subsequent trips.

Please DON'T ask about "what if I split up my WDW trip with a cruise?" or "what if I head over to Universal for a night or two?".

No, I know not to ask that one!! I, like I said have many of the resort forever mugs so I know how the sale of mugs has changed over the years. I just never saw the split stay talked about before and thank goodness for that if going to a few resorts on a trip!

do whatever YOU feel is right, and nevermiond what anyone else tells you to do.l (be aware, at Coronado SPrings, you have to give your mug to a CM. and they don't care about the new "SPLIT STAY"rules.

You did nothing wrong ;)

I vote "other". People who resurrect their own year-old threads for no apparent reason.

I voted other. While line jumping is a hot topic..I think 2 issues trump it.

1) giving up your seat on the bus
2) strollers, ECVs and wheelchairs.
:upsidedow

I vote "other". People who resurrect their own year-old threads for no apparent reason.

I never understand the snarkiness at thread resurrection around here. Sure, people bring back an old thread but if they start a new one, they'll have the peanut gallery whining that they should have used the search button.

Just plain silly around here sometimes...:rolleyes:

So sorry... just interested! I guess still learning! :rolleyes1

It's all good John Paul...I didn't mean it in a bad way. I hadn't seen this thread before, so I did look through it. :)

Just to clarify...I was not trying to be snarky, and if anyone took it that way I apologize. I thought my comment was funny. I'll refrain from humor in the future as it is not interpreted the same by all.

Haven't read thru the entire thread, but I'm going to say using a "child" QS credit to order an adult meal.

I never understand the snarkiness at thread resurrection around here. Sure, people bring back an old thread but if they start a new one, they'll have the peanut gallery whining that they should have used the search button.

Just plain silly around here sometimes...:rolleyes:

Love this! I'm new to the Boards, and I've resurrected a few (not belonging to me of course), because I used the Search button, which I thought was the best thing to do instead of rehashing the same old questions/answers. Oops! :rotfl: You can find pretty much everything you want to know using that handy little Search tool! :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter