Which DVC resort at WDW has the nicest studio?

disneychic

DIS Veteran
Which DVC resort at WDW has the nicest studio? I've tried a 1 bedroom villa at BWV and VWL. I've never used a studio at OKW, BWV or VWL. Which studio's are the nicest/largest?

hi: the studios at bwv and vwl are the same size. the studios at okw are a touch larger-only a couple of sq. ft.

We just got back from staying in studios in both BWV and OKW Here is the link to my report:

http://64.225.125.24/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113525

Not noted in my report but quite relevant is that the studios at OKW are two queen beds. At BWV and VWL for the most part they are a bed and a fold out sofa. We thought the "nicest" was VWL, but we saw the model unit. The real units may not be as "nice."

Just in case there is any confusion--the studios at OKW do have two beds in them (no sofa) -- the beds are queen size.

If your a couple only I wou;ld say the BW rooms are going to be fine as the loss of a bed in favour of a sofabed gives the feeling of more room. If you're travelling with two children I would say OKW has more room and two QS beds as standard.

Both are fine resorts, OKW is quieter and more relaxing, BW has a more "happening" atmosphere and it's pool area has a slide loved by younger kids ( this could be a + or a - depending on what you like)

Have fun

Other than color scheme, you are basically going to find the BWV studio to be the same as VWL. OKW is a bit larger and has the two queens rather than the sofa-bed. The bed and sofa format of VWL and BWV can give you a sense of having a large room when the sofa bed is not out. All in all I would not say any one is really worse or better than the others as far as a room goes. Which resort you want to go to is more important.

We stay only in studios-gotta maximize them points- and hands down,IMO, it's OKW. Size, layout,larger dresser,big bathroom. If I could change one thing it would be trading the two queens for a king and a sofa.

OKW. I have only stayed in Studios at OKW and BWV. We needed two beds, so the queens sized were appreciated. Also, I felt there was insufficient storage space in BWV, especially drawers. Their were only 2-3 in the TV armoire, if I recall correctly. I do agree that with the sofa bed in the sofa form, it might have made it feel like less of a hotel room.

I agree with everything that has been said about the OKW studios. I've at least toured the other resorts and we like the extra space in all the room types!

I have stayed in all the studios - I like each one for a different reason - OKW has 2 queen beds and a little more room - no parking lot views either.

BWV has some parking lot view (standard) or even worst in my opinion the main pool view (preferred), the BW view is great however very hard to get. This place is big you can be walking along time to your room.

VWL my favorite - these rooms are different - the bed has a scene (really neat) for the backboard, the views are all of the woods (except for a very few view of the pool & lake). However you can go on the beach at night to see the electric water pagen.
and it puts you right next WL one of the most beautiful resorts on WDW property. plus you are also under a cover - this is the only dvc resort that you can go to your hotel restuarant in the rain and not have to worth about it.

however this is studio locations only - 1-bedroom OKW that is so much more room there.

the bathrooms at BW and VWL are smaller than OKW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter