Which days at Legoland/SD Zoo/Seaworld?

sgrap

DIS Veteran
We are flying into LGB on Wed 2/27 and staying in Carlsbad. We have Thursday, Friday and Saturday there and we want to do Legoland, SD Zoo and Seaworld (would love to do the Safari Park, but not sure we can fit that in). We have a 3-day San Diego Go card (from Costco, great deal!), so we only have those 3 days.

I am trying to figure what days would be best to do what outings. What would be the best to do on what day to avoid crowds?

I would think going to one of the SD places on Saturday would be best because of avoiding weekday traffic. How long does it take on a weekday to get into SD from Carlsbad? Are there HOV lanes that will help us (4 people)? I think the zoo will open at 9 and Seaworld at 10.

Any input on my day-planning would be appreciated!:thumbsup2

It will take about 45 minutes, but that depends on traffic. The carpool lane really does not help - but if you do, you will be taking 805 south off (really hard to get over to the 5 south. Take that to the University Ave Exit - staying right, and make a left at the stop light. Make the left onto University Ave. then a left onto Park Blvd. Zoo will be on the right about a mile down (Make a right by Roosevelt Jr. High) - this is not the way the maps will direct you, but you will miss traffic into the downtown area.

Also, the entrance to the Zoo has a soft opening at 8:30, so you could plan on being down there a bit earlier and grab breakfast at the Sandwich Co.

On the day you go to Seaworld. you will want to take Interstate 5. 805 will take you way out of the way.

Also, with the Go card, you will need to stand in line at the Zoo ticket booths to exchange for a ticket. If you get there about 8:30 only the Will Call window is usually open, but can take care of the exchange for you.

It will take about 45 minutes, but that depends on traffic. The carpool lane really does not help - but if you do, you will be taking 805 south off (really hard to get over to the 5 south. Take that to the University Ave Exit - staying right, and make a left at the stop light. Make the left onto University Ave. then a left onto Park Blvd. Zoo will be on the right about a mile down (Make a right by Roosevelt Jr. High) - this is not the way the maps will direct you, but you will miss traffic into the downtown area.

Also, the entrance to the Zoo has a soft opening at 8:30, so you could plan on being down there a bit earlier and grab breakfast at the Sandwich Co.

On the day you go to Seaworld. you will want to take Interstate 5. 805 will take you way out of the way.

Also, with the Go card, you will need to stand in line at the Zoo ticket booths to exchange for a ticket. If you get there about 8:30 only the Will Call window is usually open, but can take care of the exchange for you.
Thank you! Which outing do you think is the best to do on Saturday, since we prefer to do these outings without crowds?

We have AP's to all three. I would do them in this order.

Legoland first on Thursday because it has the most lines and can get really backed up when busy. I would do Sea World on Friday and the zoo on Saturday. Sea World has a couple of rides that can still get long lines where as the zoo only has the line for the tour buses.

Hope that helps!

Legoland first on Thursday because it has the most lines and can get really backed up when busy. I would do Sea World on Friday and the zoo on Saturday. Sea World has a couple of rides that can still get long lines where as the zoo only has the line for the tour buses.

Hope that helps!
Awesome, that is perfect, thank you so much!

Hope that helps!

I would second that plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter