• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which day for Magic Kingdom?

Arianabtd

Mouseketeer
My trip to the World is in early December, and I'm planning to go to the Christmas party on Sunday the 3rd.

I won't have hoppers so I'm trying to avoid the OTHER Christmas parties for my regular MK day. So I have to decide If I'm going on Saturday or Monday.
Any suggestions on which might be better? :lovestruc

I would avoid Saturday night in the MK in December. One of my worst experiences in the MK was on a Saturday night in early December. It was complete gridlock, and not a fun experience.

Expect heavy crowds all day, regardless of which day you choose. Everyone else tries to avoid party days as well, which concentrates crowds on the few days each week without a party.

There are going to be crowds either way but I don't think it will be that that bad. Personally if you haven't bought your party tickets I'd go on the 5th instead. It's your last night and would be a perfect end to the trip. Plus in the past Tuesday's have been slightly less crowded then Sunday's at the parties. I know the PP said not to do Saturday but I'd choose Saturday over Monday especially if you do the party on Tuesday so the mk days aren't back to back. Also Saturday is often a travel day so that sometimes helps alleviate some crowds but either way I'd expect it to be busy due to people going on on party days.

Honestly, I would try to add a second MK day so you can do one on a party day and one non-party day to see HEA. But then, for me, a trip to WDW is a failure if I leave unhappy with my MK experience.

Honestly, I would try to add a second MK day so you can do one on a party day and one non-party day to see HEA. But then, for me, a trip to WDW is a failure if I leave unhappy with my MK experience.
I was only planning for 4 park days and the Christmas party... But I'll keep that idea in mind!

I was only planning for 4 park days and the Christmas party... But I'll keep that idea in mind!
Can you add just an evening in the parks on another day? The 5th day on a ticket at least is a reduced price. If you could do that, I would make my main MK day a party day, then return on another evening just to see HEA and maybe do the 3 FP rides I get with that.

Using two respected crowd calenders, TP and Kenny, we selected Thursday and Sunday as our Magic Kingdom days. Our trip is next week. I'm sure it would be different for other weeks on the calendar.

We do miss Josh's thoughts.

Using two respected crowd calenders, TP and Kenny, we selected Thursday and Sunday as our Magic Kingdom days. Our trip is next week. I'm sure it would be different for other weeks on the calendar.

We do miss Josh's thoughts.
MK crowds are a whole other creature once party season starts up.

My trip to the World is in early December, and I'm planning to go to the Christmas party on Sunday the 3rd.

I won't have hoppers so I'm trying to avoid the OTHER Christmas parties for my regular MK day. So I have to decide If I'm going on Saturday or Monday.
Any suggestions on which might be better? :lovestruc

If you can't add a day to do just one evening in MK, flip a coin or make the decision after your FP+ day. Saturday will be a madhouse, because it's Saturday. Monday will be a madhouse, because so many people begin their week at MK and that may be the only night they, too, can see HEA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter