Which California Park

olafpooh

Earning My Ears
We are planning a surprise trip for out daughter's 16th birthday. FYI, we have been to Disney World 4 times and Universal Orlando 2 times. In your opinion, as far as the California parks go, what would you recommend the most Disneyland, Universal (although I don't think I would pick this one since the one in Orlando is better), Knott's, Magic Mountain? She isn't that into the thrill rides as much anymore, so I was leaning towards two days at Disneyland.

Disneyland hands down.. My second choice woul be magic mountain but since she is not that into the thrill rides it makes the choice a no brainer!

Definitely Disneyland!!!! If she were into thrill rides, I would say Magic Mountain! Knott's is a fairly small park compared to the other two and most of their rides are thrill rides also!!

Disneyland!!!

Magic moutain is full of thrill rides and at least 1 hour away..
Universal studios has the tram and king kong is still there.

Universal (although I don't think I would pick this one since the one in Orlando is better)?
We've been to Universal at both locations, and now skip the one in Orlando because of the tram ride in L.A. In Orlando (last time we visited), King King, Jaws, Earthquake, Flood, etc. are all separate lines, and long lines. In Los Angeles, one tram ride takes you to all those attractions. And you only have to wait in one line which you get a FastPass-type time reservation for. Orlando may have more stuff by now (don't know), but I think you can get more done in L.A. in less time. Does anyone else know if the Univeral-L.A. still operates this way?

We've been to Universal at both locations, and now skip the one in Orlando because of the tram ride in L.A. In Orlando (last time we visited), King King, Jaws, Earthquake, Flood, etc. are all separate lines, and long lines. In Los Angeles, one tram ride takes you to all those attractions. And you only have to wait in one line which you get a FastPass-type time reservation for. Orlando may have more stuff by now (don't know), but I think you can get more done in L.A. in less time. Does anyone else know if the Univeral-L.A. still operates this way?

Still does the same...

two days at Disneyland
you could do California Adventure one day and Disneyland the other.

or

One day at Disneyland the other day checking out the rest of Los Angeles.
Santa monica pier, Hollywood blvd, Laguna beach even since your gonna be close.

the there's the Block at Orange CA, or the irvine Spectrum

She might like the the block and spectrum they have a dave & busters at each. and like I said there's the beach.

I'm a Southern Californian I have 5 kids let me know if you want any more suggestions.

Rudy

Knotts Berry Farm is fun, I'd do Disney for two days or one day at Disney and One at Knotts
I used to go to Knotts alot at that age and love it, the rides are not as crazy as Magic Mountain
the beach is always a choice, just mapquest because it is crazy making getting around LA

I am a Disneyland veteran, but have never been to California Adventure, but I have now been to Disney World. A lot of our favorite attractions from WDW are in California Adventure not Disneyland (Soarin' tops the list). I think both parks are a must for young kids and teens.

Nothing compares to Disney Parks. Thrill rides are okay, but do not vary much from place to place. Only Disney has the animatronics and pixie dust.

Bill

I have been to most of the California Parks, and can tell you that I prefer DL, hands down, no competition. The cleanliness, friendliness, quality and atmosphere of DL is WAY better.

The only reason I can see for choosing otherwise would be a HUGE preference for thrill ride after thrill ride. I prefer a combination of thrills and visual fun, Disney Style. Plus my little girl has so much more to enjoy at DL.

As for thrill rides, Cali Adventure has some of those, plus Soarin' which is really cool and Tower of Terror... which is aptly named. DL has Thunder Mt., Space Mt. and Splash Mt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter