Which Airport is Closest to Vero Beach?

VanessasMom

Disney Bound!
Just what it says. Looking into the Vero Beach DVC and want to know where to fly into...thanks!

Here are your closest options in order of proximity:
  • Melbourne, FL (MLB): 31 miles
  • Orlando (MCO): 95 miles
  • West Palm (PBI): 96 miles
MLB is a small airport with few direct flights in and out, almost always a connecting flight. It is, however, geographically closest: 31 miles, 57 minutes. According to the airport's website a few months back, there appears to be a shuttle from MLB to Disney's VB resort, but I've never seen or heard of it.

MCO has the advantage of lots of non-stops, great infrastructure and being next-closest to the resort: 95 miles, 1 hr 38 mins. MCO is very busy though, and it's sometimes tough to get children thru the airport they associate with WDW without actually going to WDW.

PBI is closer to Vero Beach proper than MCO, tho a whopping mile farther away from the resort (remember, Disney's VB resort is actually in Wabasso Beach, 11 miles north of Vero Beach proper): 96 miles, 1 hr 43 mins. A lot of people I know, including my parents, prefer to fly in to PBI finding it easier to navigate in the airport and to and from the airport. PBI has the great advantage of having a dedicated exit off of I-95, so you really can't miss it.

In my family, we prefer MCO for non-stops from Boston and easy car rentals. Others prefer MLB or PBI for other reasons.

Good luck! We love VB and find it one of our most relaxing vacations every year; and we have been going every year since January 2004. We really ought to own points there but have not yet convinced ourselves of the need, since we already own lots of points at BWV and SSR.

Pumpkinboy summed it up perfectly!

We love to fly into Melbourne, but Delta is the only commercial carrier that does fly into there. (I do think there is some low-budget operation that has flights from Baltimore once-in-a-while too.) Melbourne is 45 minutes to my parents front door. They are about 10 minutes from Disney's Vero Beach.

I would honestly recommend PBI (West Palm Beach) for the ease of getting on I95 and then right off. It is smaller and less congested than MCO (Orlando). We have flown into both when traveling to Vero and if we can't get a decent price for MLB, we try PBI before MCO.

I'm leaving on Friday for Vero and I will be flying into Palm Beach...believe it or not but the flight prices were cheaper for PBI :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter