Where would you choose for birthday dinner?

hmcater

Mouseketeer
So we are going to Disney from 8/23-9/4 of this year. Out of all our dinner reservations that I'll be booking next month, where would you choose to celebrate your birthday? It is for me :)) BTW, are there any of these you wouldn't book? Lots of new ones for us. We've eaten at Ohana, Rainforest (kids like it) and BOG before.

Ohana
Rainforest Cafe
Yak and Yeti
Boma
Yachtsman
BOG
Whispering Canyon
LTT
Narcoosees
Flying Fish
Homecoming

I would pick Ohana. It's not necessarily the best food but it's my favorite, lots of good memories there and I love the atmosphere. While I know my kids would like rainforest cafe, I wouldn't pick it for my bday meal, not that special to me and doesn't really embody Disney since you can find a rainforest in most malls. I am all about theming and find Rainforest Cafe kind of blah (for me, not my kids) same with Narcooses, FF and Homecoming- nothing special about them. I would consider Sanaa for dinner and hope for a table with a savannah view.

I have a reservation for my upcoming mom/son trip at Yachtsman & it’s one of the main things I’m looking forward to....
So that would be my vote. lol

I would not pick any buffet or all you can eat because you simply won't get the attention from your server that you would at a true table service. I answered ones I'd be more familiar with ...

Ohana - NO
Rainforest Cafe - They do a big sing & celebrate, you could order a Volcano! (I'd likely do here for FUN)
Yak and Yeti - Nice table service, be individual (get the Fried WonTon Cream Cheese - to die for - dessert)
Boma - NO
Yachtsman - Nice table service, be individual more chill
BOG - I think it is probably common here, especially with kids
Whispering Canyon - If you are brave, maybe (I imagine it would be something embarrassing to happen)
LTT - NO
Narcoosees
Flying Fish
Homecoming

My birthday was last week, and we posed this question at dinner. My choice would be BOG, because BATB is one of my favorite Disney movies. DH, who's a big steak lover, chose Yachtsman. My dad picked Alfredo's, as he always does :rolleyes2 (it's the now-defunct restaurant in the Italy pavilion. Closed years ago and he's still mad). Mom picked Artist Point at WL

Hmmm tough one...and really up to you...but since you asked.

I narrowed it down to these:
Ohana=Family. If I want the celebration to be a memory of being at WDW with those most important to me on my special day.
Boma or Yachtsman-if I want to remember the food.
BOG if I want to be in that special, unique to Disney place.
WCC if I want be the center of attention and involve the whole restaurant.

Out of those -Flying Fish.

I would consider adding Jiko or Sanaa to that list, however.

So we are going to Disney from 8/23-9/4 of this year. Out of all our dinner reservations that I'll be booking next month, where would you choose to celebrate your birthday? It is for me :)) BTW, are there any of these you wouldn't book? Lots of new ones for us. We've eaten at Ohana, Rainforest (kids like it) and BOG before.

Ohana
Rainforest Cafe
Yak and Yeti
Boma
Yachtsman
BOG
Whispering Canyon
LTT
Narcoosees
Flying Fish
Homecoming
Yachtsman Steakhouse

Last time we were there on my birthday I chose Ohana, it's a favorite of ours and mainly I wanted to go to Trader Sam's on my bday so it made sense.

This year we'll be going to Trail's End because it's Thanksgiving and I want a traditional meal, and also we'll be at FW camping. If it weren't Thanksgiving, I would chose Ohana or Yachtsman. Ohana can be hit or miss, but we've not had a bad meal at Yachtsman yet. Best filet ever.

Narcoosee's, because you can go outside on the deck and watch the fireworks at MK. Talk about a birthday celebration!!

you don’t have two of my choices. California Grill And Tiffins. But it also depends on your group and their ages. I would always go to an amusement park for my birthday which often falls on mother’s day. If everyone isn’t happy momma isn’t happy! Have a happy birthday. It will be magical no matter where you pick.

i'd go with Yachtsman, Narccossee's, or Flying Fish. I would not go with Ohana. Food quality is not good. I also would pass on Rainforest. Lastly, I would do a buffet for a bday dinner. Thats just me.

I would NOT do Flying Fish for two reasons: 1. You have children with you; the experience wouldn't be the same. 2. Their menu recently (as in the last month) was reduced and it is simply not the same since they reopened several months ago. BOG food is terrible, despite how beautiful the ambiance. Looks like some of your choices are 2 service credits and some are only one, so keep that in mind for planning purposes.

You can't go wrong with Ohana and Boma (since you have kids), Narc and Homecom both good in different ways. I'd go with Jiko when considering your truly. If money is not an issue, it'd be Chef's table at V&A.

Thank you all for the suggestions. I've decided to add Jiko instead of Boma and have my birthday dinner there! :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter