Where to watch HEA, specifically

MischaOz

DIS Veteran
I would like to see HEA on our upcoming trip and am willing to stake out a spot. In fact, I’m thinking of packing a picnic dinner so we can just chill and eat our dinner while we’re waiting. I would love recommendations on where you would pick to do this! Thank you!! (Group of 5 - 4 adults and a 6yo)

I would like to see HEA on our upcoming trip and am willing to stake out a spot. In fact, I’m thinking of packing a picnic dinner so we can just chill and eat our dinner while we’re waiting. I would love recommendations on where you would pick to do this! Thank you!! (Group of 5 - 4 adults and a 6yo)
MK-HEA-Fireworks_052817_zpslmfletkv.jpg

Last edited:
The wishes viewing area in front of Casey's (the grass area that is fenced in, and looks like you aren't allowed in there) is the best spot I've found. It still gets crowded, but not nearly as bad as the hub area, and the view is pretty good. Just be sure you are at the one in front of Casey's, NOT the one in front of the Plaza. The Plaza viewing area is reserved for the desert parties, the one in front of Casey's is open to everyone.

The wishes viewing area in front of Casey's (the grass area that is fenced in, and looks like you aren't allowed in there) is the best spot I've found. It still gets crowded, but not nearly as bad as the hub area, and the view is pretty good. Just be sure you are at the one in front of Casey's, NOT the one in front of the Plaza. The Plaza viewing area is reserved for the desert parties, the one in front of Casey's is open to everyone.

^^^ This. Was just typing the same thing. It’s a go-to spot for me.

Do you know how far in advance should I be at this spot on a very busy night (Christmas week!) ?

Do you know how far in advance should I be at this spot on a very busy night (Christmas week!) ?

An hour would not find you alone in your waiting. ;)

There reaches a "tipping point time" where guests start to gather in major numbers.
That time can vary almost nightly.

What happens is there will always be a certain number of guests who arrive very early.
But, they won't be very noticeable by passers-by.
Then, as a few more begin to congregate, at a certain point, those waiting WILL become
obvious, and they cause more and more guests to decide to find a spot and wait.
At that point, the crowds begin to gel and most of the spots will fill to overflowing.

So, keep an eye out for "clumps" of waiting guests.
At that point, all spots will fill quickly.

Last edited:
If looking at Robo's map, we sat where the adventureland path meets the hub in the green. Theres a corner there with "nice" trash cans. This was a great spot. We sat there 45 minutes before the show. I went back to Pecos Bills and got us a tray of nachos. We ate ate and then threw it away in the trash cans when the show was about to start. Stood up and plopped the kids on top on the cans (sitting) and it was a great view. CMs try to keep the area in front of the curb there clear so there wont be many standing right in front.

Few observations from my last trip regarding HEA:

1. It’s a free for all in terms of getting a viewing spot. Regardless if you are there an hour early, people will arrive 5 mins before the show. Shove there way thru the crowd and get a spot.
2. Be weary of the parents that throw there kids on there shoulders. It was epidemic when we were there.
3. Because this is a new show and everyone wants to see it. People are ruthless.

Good luck!!!

The Casey's spot is good, especially if you're literally going to have a picnic.

We also found that just plopping our butts down in the hub, right in front of the castle, worked just fine. There were lots and lots of folks doing the same, slowly closing the walkway until ultimately strollers couldn't get through (I was surprised CMs didn't keep a bit of a path open). We've sat there three times, and even 40 minutes before there was a spot to sit. About 15 minutes before the show they ask everyone to get up and then people compress toward the castle. It's tight, but not uncomfortable. Just don't jame right up against the people in front of you.

I have a 7yo. I tell the people behind me that when the show starts I'm going to pick him up and hold him at my head level, on my left side, just so they know. I can't believe the people who do the shoulder thing....

We're going to MK on an insane day (Wed, Dec 20 - a non-MVMCP day with an EMH night until 1am), but it's the only day during our trip when we can see HEA, so we will brave it as best as we can!

With Frozen Holiday Wishes happening at 6:30pm and 7:30pm, our plan is to find a spot around 6:40pm (from the time the prior FHW show finishes), set up a blanket, and just to stay put to watch the second showing of FHW and HEA. Ideally we'd get a spot near the Partners statue so the kids are close enough to see the projections as i heard some of the projections are quite small.

How likely is it to get a spot in the Central Hub if we arrive at this time or will it already be too late? And are we even allowed to do this or will CMs want to clear the area between shows to keep paths free?

We're going to MK on an insane day (Wed, Dec 20 - a non-MVMCP day with an EMH night until 1am), but it's the only day during our trip when we can see HEA, so we will brave it as best as we can!

With Frozen Holiday Wishes happening at 6:30pm and 7:30pm, our plan is to find a spot around 6:40pm (from the time the prior FHW show finishes), set up a blanket, and just to stay put to watch the second showing of FHW and HEA. Ideally we'd get a spot near the Partners statue so the kids are close enough to see the projections as i heard some of the projections are quite small.

How likely is it to get a spot in the Central Hub if we arrive at this time or will it already be too late? And are we even allowed to do this or will CMs want to clear the area between shows to keep paths free?

We will be there the same night and I know crowds will be crazy. It really is the only night that week that works for us also so we are going to brave it as best we can!

I was there on what Touring Plans had as a 10 out of 10 crowd day last week and 2 1/2 hours before the show that area was already full with people sitting and laying down.

On the castle side of the Casey's grass area is a walkway. The area right across that walkway contains a fountain. The area around the fountain has a concrete bench. If you sit there, you have a comfortable waiting spot and then can just stand and turn around to watch the show with no people in front of you for a good distance. I found this spot on a party night for MNSSHP so it wasn't as crowded as HEA. Crowds will determine how long this is open (holds about 6 adults) but we are planning on grabbing snacks and being there about an hour out on our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter