Where to take the Inlaws?

KEANE

Earning My Ears
My Inlaws are meeting up w/ us at Downtown Disney.(Florida residents). My father in law is meat and potato's but my kids are simple, spaghetti and burgers. Could someone tell me where to eat . I would prefer a nicer Rest. I 'm not that familiar w/ DD , but thats where they are staying. Thanks!

For a wide variety menu..pleasing everyone I would choose House of Blues or Planet Hollywood.

Portobello Yacht Club has gotten good reviews from some of the frequent visitors - I'm assuming it is still open?

I just got back from a weeks stay with my wife, 2 yo daughter, and in-laws. At downtown disney you have a few rest.'s to choose from. I have been to the Rain Forest Cafe - it's pretty good. Fultons Crab House (the big white boat) is very good but expensive- more of an adult place. Planet Hollywood was good but very noisy - my wife and I ate there without the inlaws and thank god because I don't think they would have handled that well. The music was very loud. Probably our nicest dinner of the week was at the Portobello Yacht Club. It is mostly Italian cuisine however they do have steaks also. It was a little pricey.... but it was very good. They let you change menu items to fit what you want. I had rigatoni in meat sauce which was good. My 2 yo had ziti. The in-laws and my wife had italian dishes but I can't remember what they had.....one had fish though and said it was excellent. Overall this was a great meal and I would recommend it to anyone who was looking for a restaurant in DTD. I would, however, make priority seating arrangements (Disney's term for reservations) before you arrive or early in the week of your stay. The below link brings you to a list of menus at WDW rest.'s. After clicking on it, scroll all the way down till you hit the Downtown Disney Restaurants. That should help you make your choice.
http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm

I would recommend Wolfgang Pucks Cafe. We have been there several times and always enjoyed our meals. On our last meal I had the meatloaf and it was very good.

I too would vote for Wolfgang Puck Cafe but especially if you can dine on the early side. It gets very busy as the evening wears on. I've heard it is a favorite of cast members. At any rate it has a wide range of choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter