Where to Stay within SSR

dreaming_of_disney__

Earning My Ears
So heres the thing... I'm booking soon for my Oct 2008 vacation and I want to know if I can request where on the resort I wish to stay. My first trip to SSR in June I didn't really care ( I was actually in Orlando for work and only stayed 3 days) and I was in the Paddock villas, nice enough but is there a better spot to be had? Perhaps with better views of the fireworks and closer to the boat launch to Downtown Disney. I didn't have a chance last time to really explore the SSR itself and the maps of the resort I have are not very detailed. As I'm booking 12 months in advance that should give me a pretty decent pick of rooms yes?
I've heard of members getting not so great views while the 'paying customers' get the better rooms.. is there any truth to this?

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

So heres the thing... I'm booking soon for my Oct 2008 vacation and I want to know if I can request where on the resort I wish to stay. My first trip to SSR in June I didn't really care ( I was actually in Orlando for work and only stayed 3 days) and I was in the Paddock villas, nice enough but is there a better spot to be had? Perhaps with better views of the fireworks and closer to the boat launch to Downtown Disney. I didn't have a chance last time to really explore the SSR itself and the maps of the resort I have are not very detailed. As I'm booking 12 months in advance that should give me a pretty decent pick of rooms yes?
I've heard of members getting not so great views while the 'paying customers' get the better rooms.. is there any truth to this?

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Congress park!!!! Hands down.

I agree with the other posters that Congress Park seems to be a winner. We enjoyed both of ours stays there. We have also stayed at the Paddocks, in a brand-new space, but it was a bit of a hike to the hospitality house and the main pool. The Springs is nice, but often the last route on the bus stop if you are using WDW transport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter