Where to stay close to LAX?

I am staying at a Marriott near LAX in a few weeks. I can let you know unless you need the hotel before I get back. :)

Marriott Courtyard is nice. It is on a street that's pretty quiet. There are a few eateries right there, but if you drive a mile or two south on Sepulveda you'll come to Rosecrans. Turn left there for a lot of nice restaurants.

You can also check the Doubletree. We had our company lunch there one Christmas, and I noticed they have shuttles to the airport. Their cookies are delish, too!

I work about 2-5 minutes away from these hotels, so kind of know the area.

Marriott Courtyard is nice. It is on a street that's pretty quiet. There are a few eateries right there, but if you drive a mile or two south on Sepulveda you'll come to Rosecrans. Turn left there for a lot of nice restaurants.

You can also check the Doubletree. We had our company lunch there one Christmas, and I noticed they have shuttles to the airport. Their cookies are delish, too!

I work about 2-5 minutes away from these hotels, so kind of know the area.

Thanks, Mary Jo. I'm specifically looking at the Courtyard in El Segundo. Is this the one you're referring to? I'm trying to get us in a good area, close to LAX (so as to be able to get back to the airport easily) but not too far away from the LA sights.

We're trying the Embassy Suites LAX North for one night in April. They are supposed to have a great cooked-to-order breakfast. The next day we won't have far to travel to do some sightseeing; Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Hollywood and then to DL to checkin and enjoy a few days there.

Be prepared the area in and around LAX has some of the worst traffic almost all day. You will need to add extra time to travel anywhere. Also Hollywood is not super close to LAX. You have to take the 405 to the 101 (two freeeways known for terrible traffic) or all surface streets with lots of lights.

I just checked out three locations near LAX: Hilton Garden Inn, Courtyard by Marriott, and Doubletree. All three have shuttles to LAX, and it took me six minutes to drive from Doubletree to LAX at 9am (well, a few minutes before), and six minutes to drive from LAX to the Courtyard by Marriott.

I just checked out three locations near LAX: Hilton Garden Inn, Courtyard by Marriott, and Doubletree. All three have shuttles to LAX, and it took me six minutes to drive from Doubletree to LAX at 9am (well, a few minutes before), and six minutes to drive from LAX to the Courtyard by Marriott.
Good information, Mary Jo. Since this is the area I seem to keep coming back to, I'm very interested. I had thought about getting closer to the Hollywood/Bev. Hills area for our tour/s, but then I'd be farther from LAX. I guess I'm paranoid about not getting the flight home!!!
Plus, I'm using Marriott points for a free stay, and those properties nearer Bev. Hills "cost" more points.

Be prepared the area in and around LAX has some of the worst traffic almost all day. You will need to add extra time to travel anywhere. Also Hollywood is not super close to LAX. You have to take the 405 to the 101 (two freeeways known for terrible traffic) or all surface streets with lots of lights.

I am going to see Wicked next weekend while I am out there. I am going to spend time at the walk of fame etc so I figured if I get there at like 10 am or so I will have time to do stuff before the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter