• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to stay at the AoA?

29Candicanes

Mouseketeer
I just booked a GREAT deal for the Art of Animation on Orbitz. I booked a 3 night stay for a total of $348 and I have $10 in Orbucks I can use. I booked a standard room and I need help choosing where to stay with my 8 year old son. Should we stay in Lion King, Little Nemo, or the Cars room?

Also, I need to book one more room. We are arriving on Dec. 9th - 13th and I've only booked through the 12th. I was thinking of staying at Pop for $162/night or ASM for $151 (inlcuding my Orbucks). Should I just wait before I book out final night just in case the price drops or should I book now to lock in the price?

Thanks!!

The only standard rooms at AofA I believe are Little Mermaid. The Cars, Nemo and Lion King are all family suites.

I just booked a GREAT deal for the Art of Animation on Orbitz. I booked a 3 night stay for a total of $348 and I have $10 in Orbucks I can use. I booked a standard room and I need help choosing where to stay with my 8 year old son. Should we stay in Lion King, Little Nemo, or the Cars room?

Also, I need to book one more room. We are arriving on Dec. 9th - 13th and I've only booked through the 12th. I was thinking of staying at Pop for $162/night or ASM for $151 (inlcuding my Orbucks). Should I just wait before I book out final night just in case the price drops or should I book now to lock in the price?

Thanks!!
If you booked a standard room, your choice is Little Mermaid only. If you booked a suite, you have the choice of LK, Nemo or Cars.

Ok, thanks! I just linked my info and saw that our room will be the Little Mermaid. I dont know why the guy at Orbitz told me I could choose from either one.

A lot of exterior decoration at the resort, so definitely walk around and enjoy all the themes!

um you only have one choice when you book a standard room at AOA.
you'll be staying in the little mermaid section.
i love the decor but its a long winding path to get to the mainbuilding/buses.

not sure why you didn't just book all nights at the same hotel instead of having to change on your last day.

i've stayed at both art of animation and pop century and honestly i'd just go with pop century for every night.

but as far as your situation either i'd stay another night at art of animation or yes i would change to pop century for that ngith. at leasts its just across the lake so you don't have to travel far to move your belongings.

Dreamer I didnt book all the nights together because I found the AoA for $100 a night and we've never been. For that Friday, the room is $434/night so I'll just switch rooms that day.

And I just read some of the reviews on Tripadvisor and many are displeased with the traveling distance from the hotel to the buses. It's a bummer but Im still excited.

We stayed in the LM rooms last year in building 9 - we had a room facing the parking lot. We found it to be a very quick and easy walk up to the busses - taking the sidewalk that ran parallel to the parking lot.

Dreamer I didnt book all the nights together because I found the AoA for $100 a night and we've never been. For that Friday, the room is $434/night so I'll just switch rooms that day.

And I just read some of the reviews on Tripadvisor and many are displeased with the traveling distance from the hotel to the buses. It's a bummer but Im still excited.
I don't understand this. The average guest walks four to ten miles a day touring the theme parks, but complains about an extra 500 feet at the resort.

I don't understand this. The average guest walks four to ten miles a day touring the theme parks, but complains about an extra 500 feet at the resort.

Yup! That would be me. I will walk for miles and miles at the parks. But the resorts are for relaxing in. So I prefer to be as close as possible to restaurants/shops whenever possible. :goodvibes

434$/night, you could book a deluxe for that price...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter