Where to pop the BIG Question

digdoug007

Earning My Ears
Anyone have any good ideas about where to pop the question to my girlfriend. Should it be underneath the castle at Magic Kingdom?

Here's an idea:

Preorder the Mickey and Minnie Bride and Groom Mouse Ears, send your fiance off somewhere while you go pick them up at Chapeau's in MK (I think that's the name of the store). I'm sure you can come up with a reason for going into the hat store, lol.

Go on the train ride around MK but let the conductor know you want to propose. Somehow clue the person behind you on your plan and pass your camera so they can take a picture. Pick a spot along the ride you like to propose. Maybe the conductor will make a special stop so you can kneel and do it, and then the conductor can blow the whistle and make the announcement? Then you can put the Bride and Groom Mouse Ears on! :earseek:

Or........how about at midnight on PI when they have the confetti come bursting out? I haven't been to PI at night in 9 years (kids, lol) so I'm not sure this still happens.

Good luck and be sure to post back with your decision! :)

Good luck however you do it! One of our fellow dis'ers just proposed to another dis'er during the Beauty & The Beast show at MGM! He may have some ideas for you! (check out the theme park board, if you haven't seen the post yet...) ;)

It can also be done at her favorite attraction/ride. That is where I did it this past Jan. Check the link in my signature for the story.

Also check out the honeymoon/engagement forums here for more ideas.

Simple CAN BE fine, mine was simple but special. It depends on the people. Some women may get embarassed and not like a great big thing, but some do.

Mike

My vote would be either cinderellas castle, or at the end of the light show in epcot as you were dining in France or italy or better yet outside under the stars,weather depending.

You can reserve a private boat to take you out into the middle of the lake during Illuminations at Epcot. That has romantic potential.

If you wanted to propose during an elegant dinner you should check into Victoria and Alberts at the Grand Floridian.

Or, if you are looking for something a little on the fun side take your fiance to be on Splash Mountain. On this ride they take your picture as you descend down the final drop. Have the people behind you hold up a sign asking "julie" to marry you. When you go to view your photo everyone will cheer and clap when she says yes.

There are probably thousands of ways you could get some of the Cast Members involved.

Good luck, it sounds fun.

F7PREZ :cool:

My say is go to the wishing well behind the castle to the left. It is pretty private and has a bench. My husband did gifts of a lifetime for me last year for my birthday. They have some good ideas for things but they are a little on the costly side.

I like the mouse ears idea but I would have them delivered by WDW floral (they are great!)with some flowers during dinner maby at CG or someplace you like. Or if your on a budget have her wait for the parade at 3 and go to get a snack at the candy shop the hat store is connected to it! Have the hats made up and sent to your resort and have a late nite surprise (it takes 24 hours)or see if a cast member will bring them to you at dinner at CRT.Have her open it up and then get on one knee. She is so lucky!!:D

No specific help, but love the idea of incorporating the bride and groom mouse ears in somehow. Good luck.:)

My advice, don't do it ;) Make sure you keep it simple. The LAST thing you need is EXTRA pressure and variables. You won't be able to relax all day so maybe earlier is better?

A good friend of mine just proposed down in New Orleans at dinner and everyone at the table thought he was sick or something because he had such a nevous look on his face, LOL!

Presonally, I'd pick a romantic area away from other people and say a few simple words.

P.S. MAKE SURE you know what happens after!!! She has to call the WHOLE WORLD. Make sure you have a cell phone or are near a pay phone and have a calling card. The next few days will be filled with phone calls so expect that for the rest of your trip. I think your best bet would be the last night in MK.

.02$

How about on one of the beaches at sunset?
I've never been to WDW (going this August) but I envision that as being very romantic.
Oh! And I cannot say enough about flowers...
I think as long as your words are thoughtful, it doesnt really matter where in Disney you are.

we were down a couple of years ago with my cousin and his girl ..is a real pooh fan......she went to go get a pic with pooh at the character breakfast....and my cousin managed to get some of the kids away and he proposed to her right there in front of pooh.......kind of cute........

I'm surprised nobody has posted this yet. Find out when Sunset will be on your proposal date in Orlando (you can get these timetables from the internet) - make a PS for California Grill on the top floor of the Contemporary. Eat a great dinner. Watch sunset. Order champagne. Pour. Take your glasses of champagne outside to the often empty observation deck, where there is an awesome view of the Magic Kingdom, it's mountains and castle. Pop the question.

OR do the same thing after dark during MK fireworks, watching the castle change colors.

Make sure you tell the CM when you make the reservation what your plans are, and confirm again when you check in at the California Grill so that they can give you the best castle window view.

Congratulations!!!

My wife is a big Pooh fan. I made ressies at Crystal Palace and proposed at the feet of Pooh to her. I had the CM take the pics. She thought we were there to get a pic with Pooh. It was neat. That is what I did. Good luck and have a magical trip.

I would suggest at the California Grill when they dim the lights for the Firworks at MK. California Grill is a great place. My wife and I went there on our honeymoon and the fireworks were wonderful.

When I was at MGM 3 years ago waiting for Fantasmic to begin... the preshow CM let a bunch of kids come up on the stage and use the mic to say stuff to the audience and answer questions... He also used it for announcements, "So & So, your wife is looking for you, she's over in that section there, etc."

Then this girl was in line and asked to say something to her boyfriend... she said '"You know that question you asked me yesterday at the Magic Kingdom? Well the answer is "Yes!"'

The CM asked her why it took a WHOLE DAY to answer the question!

But anyway my point is.... YOU could propose to her in front of the entire audience... YOU could sneak in line and ask the CM if you could ask your girlfriend a question... I think they'd let you..

Last night I was at a Red Sox game and on the Teletron, they put an announment "Hey Kathy in section 25, row 14, seat 14" ......
then on the next screen they wrote "Tom wants to ask you a question..." then on the next screen "Will you marry me?"
I was in a section on the other side of Fenway, so we don't know what the answer was... we just wished they had shown them ON the teletron when she answered...

Whatever you decide-- GOOD LUCK!

Just before the last drop at Splash Mountain! Sit up front to get a really good picure!

During my visit in 2000 my sister and I had reservations at Ohana at the Poly for dinner. As with the California Grill, it's a great place to view the fireworks! A couple at the table got engaged just as dinner began. The guy must have called ahead or talked to one of the restaurant managers. One of the cast members went through the tables and acted like he was choosing a person to come up to the front and play a game. He chose the guy, brought him up and asked his name etc, and then asked who he was with (girlfriend was then introduced and brought up.) The guy got down on his knee and proposed (over the microphone) and she said yes! The wait staff brought them each a glass of champagne and everyone all around was congradulating them, asking to see the ring and taking pictures for them. It made us both a little misty!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter