Where Magic Lives (kinda long)

Steffi

<font color=magenta>McDonald's isn't my friend<br>
Let me introduce the cast:
My brother, ultimate tightwad
My husband, semi-ultimate tightwad, seemingly stoic & reserved
Myself & DD, overly-enthusiastic fans of WDW

Yesterday I was watching my new WDW vacation planning DVD ( :D) while my brother was visiting. He saw the AKL part & fell in love and asked if I knew how much it was (such a silly question!). I told him the discounted FL resident rate and he was (not happily) surprised.

At this point, my DH, who had been silent for a while, started GUSHING about WDW. He jumped right into the conversation, telling my DB, "Yes, starting at $XXX...and worth every single penny and more. I wish we could stay at WDW every month. The most enjoyable vacation ever...blah, blah, blah..." All of the things I rant & rant about, but I'd never heard them from my DH!!

My brother asked DH what makes it so great. (Not rudely...he was really interested to know what had caused my husband to suddenly become so animated.) My husband named all of the reasons he found it magical, but he said what he liked best about WDW, over any other theme park or place he's vacationed, were the people that visit WDW! He said that the friendliness & helpfulness, etc. of the other guests were what keep him coming back year after year.

I had never really heard my DH gush about WDW before, so I was very happy to hear all of this. I just want to say thanks to all of you great people who helped make such an impression on my DH!!!

Oh, yeah, and my brother was sold, too...he's booking AKL today. :D Our cultish enthusiasm is contagious!

You know, the funny thing is I know exactly what you are talking about. My bf gets irritated with my constant planning of our wdw trips.....but when asked about it by someone else ...he raves about wdw and and all the good planning I did. Men....they are a curious species !!!

I've NEVER heard my DH gush about WDW. :(

He goes because he knows that I like it (ALOT). But that's the extent. If I were to hear anything Disney from his mouth, it's usually sarcastic :rolleyes: .

I'm hoping this year's trip will change that....

I too was shocked by my DH, just yeaterday. He has not been to WDW on the last 2 trips with myself and 2 DS. Yesterday I was on the DIS and he ask what I was doing and I said I was looking at someones pictures of the BC 9where we are staying this June) and he said "move over let me see" first time ever he has ever even cared about where we stay before we get there! Then he said "don't you have a DVD with more info about the rooms than the video?" He crawled on the floor to look at the room layout of the BCV and watched the whole DVD with me! I think he is a pod person and not MY DH.

Tracie

Steffi...I was just wondering where in the Brandon area are you? I live right by Bloomingdale High.

We men are a fickle species, we tend to hide our true feelings most of the time but then in moments of weakness it all spills out.
In my experiance I have never met anyone that did not like WDW

Shawn :jester:

Same thing here, acts like he could care less but secretly loves is. One time on a plane the man in front of us was going on and on about how "unfortunate" we were to have to take our kids to WDW and how glad he was that his kids were older and he didn't have to do it anymore. When we were leaving DH turns to me and says "Some people just don't get it do they?" Which kind of surprised me. Oh and every trip is our last one -- this is our 4th in 6 years, plus we are going back in October for a conference - lol.

My DH LOVES everything about WDW! Believe me I know how lucky I am! It's usually his idea to start planning the next one and now with 13 days to go!! He is more excited than me I think. He says he can't describe the "pull" it has on him but as soon as he leaves he can't wait to go back! As much as I love WDW that's a good thing!!

Originally posted by dansyr
You know, the funny thing is I know exactly what you are talking about. My bf gets irritated with my constant planning of our wdw trips.....but when asked about it by someone else ...he raves about wdw and and all the good planning I did. Men....they are a curious species !!!

Hmm... this sounds familiar ... :rolleyes: My bf is exactly the same ... :p He's so happy that we were able to get AP rates and all the PS we wanted, but I swear it was like pulling teeth sometimes. I'd wait forever to get answer from him. Now that everything's done... he's telling everyone what a great Disney trip we have planned :rolleyes:

I have converted my husband as well. Looking back on our Cancun photos, he said maybe next year we could do that again...we looked at each other and said Nahhhhhhhh! It's like an addiction!

Originally posted by ceecee
It's like an addiction!
Boy, isn't this the truth! :)

We've got less than a week......can you say EXCITED!!!!!! :tongue::teeth:

When we took a cruise/land package a few years ago, we submitted a trip report to that board and I quoted my DH saying (paraphrasing here....it was a few years ago) the best thing about MK was the parade because where else would you find so many different people, from so many different cultures, speaking so many different languages, sitting so close together, all having fun?! the world should be a Magic Kingdom! Disney people are the best!!

Originally posted by lucysdad
I quoted my DH saying (paraphrasing here....it was a few years ago) the best thing about MK was the parade because where else would you find so many different people, from so many different cultures, speaking so many different languages, sitting so close together, all having fun?! the world should be a Magic Kingdom! Disney people are the best!!
WOW! Nicely put!!

Chiming in for all the DH's that actually lead the family brigade to WDW. I am the keener for WDW in the family and the rides junkie as well - DW is happy to go as well but it all started on my whimsical comment of "let's go to WDW for 3 nights" during our stay in Fort Lauderdale (parents have a condo there).

Well bless my stars and heavens to Betsy.

DS loved it and DW really liked it as well - outcome - another trip coming up really fast and we bought DVC so another 39 years to go to WDW - hurray!!!

I am sure DH's leading the pack is in the minority but we are out there ;)

thanks
Jason

We have just returned from our Florida trip from the UK. We had time in WDW, then went down to Naples, followed by a few days in Universal. While we were in Naples my DD and DS did not enjoy themselves. I said 'nevermind, we will be back in Universal soon' and my DD9 said very sadly 'but it's not the place where magic lives'! I was quite touched as she always seems so grown up.

on our first trip to the world and I swore I 'd never go on vacation with him again. I then made about 10 trips with girlfriends - when he started to hint he'd like to go again. Should I risk it? I did. He didn't want to know anything about the planning - NOTHING! Tell me where to show up. When he got home he RAVED to the neighbors how much fun he had, what a surprise the towncar pick up was yadayada. We went again about 18 months later. He came home and sold his precious boat to buy into the DVC. WooHOO!

I couldn't believe what I was reading from some guy and his very polite (not) oppinions on guests with guests on these boards. Seems some of the folks out there need a dab of pixie dust in their tea! We are not all millionaires but we are all entitled to love Disney and the magic it brings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter