• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where is the most unusual place you been

North Korea. I was there briefly, while visiting the DMZ. In Pan Mum Jong, you can step in a conference building, and while you're in there, you are able to stand in North Korea. And the whole time that you're doing that, North Korean soldiers are watching you through the windows.

I have been visited Cayman islands before a few years ago. I had visited many places, but I enjoy a lot during my submarine tour. It was tremendous I felt the thrill of underwater experience with sea creatures and watching the marine life.

North Korea. I was there briefly, while visiting the DMZ. In Pan Mum Jong, you can step in a conference building, and while you're in there, you are able to stand in North Korea. And the whole time that you're doing that, North Korean soldiers are watching you through the windows.
Reminds me of the Mash episode. Hawkeye was under arrest and Frank was all I can go out, I can go in. I can go out. I can go in. At the end of the show, Hawkeye did the same thing when frank was under arrest.

Most unusual place I've been. Probably the Russian River. We were canoeing and they had stacks and stacks of junk cars placed to stop erosion on the river bank. Of course a pick up tried to cross and got stuck. On the way by I yelled don't worry, they'll just add it to the stack!!!!

Reactions: rlk

Never been anywhere that qualifies but I wanna play so I’ll just say.... my first and only time in the Combat Zone in Boston in 1982 back when I was still closeted. More bizarre than unusual, though.

Last edited:
Not as exotic as many of the other places mentioned, but for me it would be southern Utah. I have had the good fortune to travel A LOT in my lifetime and have seen some amazing places. I do have to say, however, that southern Utah just blew me away with its beauty and uniqueness. It is almost like being in a different planet and stunning in its beauty. Pictures don’t do it justice.

If you have never been and have the chance,I would highly suggest visiting. The National Parks there are amazing.

What a beautiful world we live in!

I was in Utqiagvik, Alaska (formerly Barrow) last week, and it happened to be during the Inupiaq spring whaling celebration, called Nalukataq. It was very cool, both literally and figuratively.

When we did a tour of Stonehenge we were allowed to walk amongst the monoliths and touch them. We have some amazing pictures! I think it's all roped off now, and you can only view it from a distance.

Pompeii was also a really cool place to visit. I also loved Siena where they run the Palio horse race right through the middle of town!

Doctor's office at our resort at the rim of Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania after my son's second Tse-Tse fly bite. Luckily, the flies didn't carry sleeping sickness.:scared:

A couple come to mind
1) Museum & Crypt of the Capuchin Friars (Rome, Italy)\

2) (Don't have a picture), but a hotel I stayed in that had totally built-in furniture and carpeting that covered walls and all other surfaces. It looked like a bad trailer inside. I think it was in Lucerne.

I spent a year after college backpacking through India. It was amazing!

If I had to pick a particular place probably the Karni Mata temple.

Doctor's office at our resort at the rim of Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania after my son's second Tse-Tse fly bite. Luckily, the flies didn't carry sleeping sickness.:scared:
Oh my, that must have been very worrisome. I am glad things worked out.

It's not exotic, or even thrilling. But it is a place very few get to use/see. Boeing 767 Crew Rest facilities underneath the aft galley. There are hidden stairs passengers can't see. You open a door, then a hatch, and climb down. The purser always has to have the first bunk, but then it is just a free for all for the rest of the crew. I like the bottom towards the back wall. You don't want the top bunk next to the purser, it is underneath the aisle by the lavatory and you can hear walking and an occasional flush. No thanks...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter