Where is bottom?

No you are getting the price they paid per point.

You are not getting who paid closing costs or if there were points available from a prior year.

It is valuable information but it is not perfect information.

It is no different than using the home sale comparisons when buying a home. You do not know everything about the individual contract.

To me the number of banked points is a bigger issue than closing costs because I believe the majority of the time they are paid by the buyer.
Awesome! So the price on the deed is only for the price of the points, not factoring in things like closing. Thanks so much for your help!

Everyone here calling for a drastic drop in prices also needs to argue that hotel stay prices at Disney will drop drastically. And I just don’t see that happening. The 2 are historically highly correlated.

Don't see it needing to correlate in the short term really. Especially during a downturn there is a much higher obstacle to value needed to get someone to sign a long term commitment.

Random example when we looked to do a cash option for the week leading in to Easter (7 nights):
1BR at Swan - $4000-$5000
Connecting Rooms at Pop - $4000-$4250

Those are very reasonable rates honestly especially consider its peak Disney time.

Disney is also running $750 gc with stays and 35% off various rooms has returned as well over the summer.

Our 200 point PVB contract was accepted at $155 (listed at $160) with seller paid closing. I almost wish I would have offered lower now based on all the information I’ve gathered from this site.

I didn’t find this forum until after I had submitted our offer.

Our 200 point PVB contract was accepted at $155 (listed at $160) with seller paid closing. I almost wish I would have offered lower now based on all the information I’ve gathered from this site.

Glad you found the forum!
Many of us found it the same way; AFTER we had already purchased.
In my case, I had purchased Direct, and didn't even know that Resale was an option. It's a Good-Thing & a Bad-Thing, however, because this forum is full of enablers that will perpetuate and exacerbate your add-on-itis condition! :goodvibes

a lot of contracts have a 10 day free cancellation. check it out

Don't see it needing to correlate in the short term really. Especially during a downturn there is a much higher obstacle to value needed to get someone to sign a long term commitment.

Random example when we looked to do a cash option for the week leading in to Easter (7 nights):
1BR at Swan - $4000-$5000
Connecting Rooms at Pop - $4000-$4250

Those are very reasonable rates honestly especially consider its peak Disney time.

Disney is also running $750 gc with stays and 35% off various rooms has returned as well over the summer.
yeah but wouldn’t renting DVC points have been less expensive? $4250for 7 nights at $20 per point is 30 points per night. You could have stayed in a deluxe resort 1BR villa for less than pop century.

We are past that point now
I wouldn’t sweat it. Maybe you could saved some money and sure that would’ve been nice. In the big scheme though, when you look at possibly having saved say $15pp, it’s not making a huge difference on your costs per night or stay. That’s near 33 cents per point over life of contract. On a 20pt per night room is an extra $7. Not life changing when the buy-in and dues cost is still hundreds of dollars per night.

Poly is a solid resort filled with many pros. Contract length, reasonable dues, lovely large rooms, cool transportation options, great pools and food, easy access to 2 parks, quick ability to enjoy GF, Contemporary, and whatever Poly2 holds, etc. Odds are you will love it and continue to love it.

yeah but wouldn’t renting DVC points have been less expensive? $4250for 7 nights at $20 per point is 30 points per night. You could have stayed in a deluxe resort 1BR villa for less than pop century.

For that week the cheapest:
AKV Value - 209 Points need to rent for $19.10/point
AKV Std - 260 Points need to rent for $15.38/point

AKV though is a step down for a quick trip as POP has the skyliner at least but I know people love AKV and never have issues with busses. Multiple 50+ min waits for a bus to even arrive makes it so we really only want to stay next to a park.

BWV Std - 282 Points need to rent for $14.18/point

The only option though would have been SSR for renting. Thought about it possibly because of ease to get to DS for lunch/dinner but based on the price liked the Swan/Pop alternatives instead which were also going to be cheaper in the end.

For that week the cheapest:
AKV Value - 209 Points need to rent for $19.10/point
AKV Std - 260 Points need to rent for $15.38/point

AKV though is a step down for a quick trip as POP has the skyliner at least but I know people love AKV and never have issues with busses. Multiple 50+ min waits for a bus to even arrive makes it so we really only want to stay next to a park.

BWV Std - 282 Points need to rent for $14.18/point

The only option though would have been SSR for renting. Thought about it possibly because of ease to get to DS for lunch/dinner but based on the price liked the Swan/Pop alternatives instead which were also going to be cheaper in the end.
I don't know how you can realistically compare two studios in a value with a 1 bedroom villa (with kitchen & washer dryer) in a deluxe. They're not even close to comparable.

I don't know how you can realistically compare two studios in a value with a 1 bedroom villa (with kitchen & washer dryer) in a deluxe. They're not even close to comparable.

Its easy while one is a nicer room the other is more connected to the parks without a requirement to have a bus. That park as well (Epcot) is one which we visit most evenings for dinner on trips.

If all I cared about was great rooms I would have plenty of options that I could do then rent a car with points to drive to the parks and avoid the multiple (4-6) bus rides daily for morning, lunch, evening/dinner while saving money overall.

Also its:
Save $1200 in connecting Pop studios
Breakeven for 1br at Swan without Kitchen/Wash (which for just a short 7 night stay no requirement for it)

Both options though have much easier ways to get to 50% of the parks we will visit with AKV offering. Also need to remember that 1BR is the worst value prop for points vs cash as well while other room categories see larger gaps between points and cash sides.

I would say its not comparable staying in the Epcot area with a walk or skyliner to the 2 parks vs staying at a resort you need to bus for anything you do the whole stay.

I wouldn’t sweat it. Maybe you could saved some money and sure that would’ve been nice. In the big scheme though, when you look at possibly having saved say $15pp, it’s not making a huge difference on your costs per night or stay. That’s near 33 cents per point over life of contract. On a 20pt per night room is an extra $7. Not life changing when the buy-in and dues cost is still hundreds of dollars per night.

Poly is a solid resort filled with many pros. Contract length, reasonable dues, lovely large rooms, cool transportation options, great pools and food, easy access to 2 parks, quick ability to enjoy GF, Contemporary, and whatever Poly2 holds, etc. Odds are you will love it and continue to love it.

Thanks that perspective helps a lot. We got the resort and UY we wanted so I feel pretty good about it overall.

Like most have said if I didn’t find this board I wouldn’t have known any better.

I’ll be more equipped for when I buy my add on contract next.

I’ll be more equipped for when I buy my add on contract next.
That’s a great point!

We’re doing similar. Poly and VGF are in my sights to add on to our smallish not-the-best-deal BWV contract. No regrets here though. BW was at a price we could accept and we intentionally left room open to take advantage of future options whether great cash deals through Disney, other destinations or resale doing another dip like in 2020. I didn’t imagine it’d happen again so soon yet here we are. It’s a great time to add on! Especially while not feeling desperate. We already have something to use and now know the ropes- that makes shopping around and taking time our time much easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter