Where do you stay the night before the cruise??

mjvans

Never Forget!
for some reason, I thought I posted this but it does not appear to be here so I guess I will ask again....... We have finally booked our first cruise and will be on the Wonder August 29, 2004. We would like to stay at least one day, possibly 2 in Cocoa Beach prior to getting on our ship. I so want to start our vacation staying somewhere on the beach. I'm not too concerned with price, I just really want to stay somewhere really special before we take our cruise. Don't want to start out our trip on a bad note. I really like the looks and feedback of the Inn at Cocoa Beach, but don't know if it is family oriented. We will have our 4 kids with us, ranging in ages 14-4. They are a lively bunch, and I don't know about the inn's atmosphere in regards to kids. If you could help me by offering your opinions and expertise, I would so appreciate it!! Thanks so much! And if there is a place you'd recommend with the same amenities, that is more family oriented, I'd surely like this info too!!! Thanks in advance!
Michelle

hey check out daves site at www.dcltribute.com he has a listing
of the places to stay , we stayyed at the radisson and enjoyed it
peter

This next cruise we are staying at one of the All Star resorts, maybe even Pop Culture. We need to decide soon 'cause it is coming soon!

We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite at the Radisson and enjoyed this hotel. The room was beautiful. It's very close to the port and we could hear the horn blow from the Magic just before it took off on that Saturday afternoon. We were heading out for the 4 day Wonder cruise the next day.
Next year, we're staying at OKW for several days before the cruise.

How far is Vero Beach from Port Canaveral?

Do we have to stay a night before the cruise? Wouldn't it be easier to meet the DCL bus at the airport and go to the ship from there?

I could use my points to stay a couple days before and a couple of days after the cruise, depending of course, how far it is to/from port!! If anyone knows, please share!!
Michelle

We're staying at the Poly our night before the cruise. We arrive in WDW around 1:30 and we will spend the afternoon in the MK. Can't wait!!!

Our flight gets into MCO around 6:00 pm on the day before our cruise. I looked around for inexpensive, close to the airport choices and decided on the brand new Country Inn Suites. I didn't want to spend too many $$ for only less than 18 hours in a hotel. I figure I'll get in around 7:00 pm, eat dinner, sleep and out of there around 10:00 am for the drive to Port.

Originally posted by cindala
How far is Vero Beach from Port Canaveral?

Its about 70 miles from VB to Port Canaveral. I would allow about 1 hour and 10 minutes.

We are staying at OKW (on pts) the night before our cruise
baby21.gif
in Feb.

Lyndarella: can you say "delayed or canceled flight"?

I have heard too many horror stories about missing or almost missing the sailing time for me to take that chance. Even when we drove to a cruise from Oklahoma I arrived the night before. This year we are going TWO DAYS early! There is no way that I am going to take a chance in missing my Disney Cruise!!
:smooth: :cool:

Originally posted by Lyndarella
Do we have to stay a night before the cruise? Wouldn't it be easier to meet the DCL bus at the airport and go to the ship from there?

well, no, you don't HAVE to stay the night before, but a lot of people do just in case...

weather? depends on the time of year you're going and where you're coming from, in your case Minnesota.. when are you flying?? in the winter? well, in the winter, I'd definitely fly in the night before... delayed flights, snowstorms... definitely buy trip insurance!! I'm flying down the night before in January. I'm not taking ANY chances, especially after last year when we were flying down to WDW the day before Thanksgiving....we left in the middle of a snowstorm....

In the summer? well, look what happed to BD recently and many others -- the power failure in the New York, Ohio, and the Canadian areas it affected... BD had to DRIVE down to North Carolina to get a plane to MCO in time for the cruise on Saturday....at least he was 2nd in line.

so to answer your never know what's going to happen. There are tons on hotels you can stay in for one night...you can go on priceline or hotwire or pay full price, but it's just the peace of mind.....

Does DCL provide transportation to WDW resorts if you are taking the land and sea package where you visit WDW before the cruise?

Originally posted by Lyndarella
Does DCL provide transportation to WDW resorts if you are taking the land and sea package where you visit WDW before the cruise?

the bus transportation is usually included, or you can get your own towncar/limo service. Check out Barb & Tony's site http://www.castawayclub.com/ and Dave's site http://www.dcltribute.com/ ... you'll find almost anything you need from them. I believe with the land/sea package, the buses do not leave the resorts until mid to late morning. Some people do not like leaving that late, they like to be at the terminal when it opens, usually around 10:30 a.m.

There are tons of other sites out there, but these two are the best in my book!! I often refer to them or just surf them to remind my old brain!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter