Where do you stay offsite?

TomD

Mouseketeer
I know there was a topic started here not to long ago and the search isn't working for me.

We are thinking about going down on Sat 10/13 instead of 10/14 and will have a car. Instead of staying on site since we would not arrive till about 3:30 we thought a nice offsite hotel.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and I did look at the other forum before posting this

TIA:thumbsup2

I couldn't bring myself to be at WDW without staying on site. That said, we have done what you are planning to do. However, instead of staying near WDW we spent the night in St Augustine. That was a really fun evening, and I wouldn't mind spending a few more days there.
We woke up fairly early and drove to WDW. The drive was relatively painless. :smokin:

MG

I just reread your post, and it's unclear if you will have a car. If not, or you are flying into MCO and don't want to make the initial drive, scrap everything I just said. :teeth:

MG

The place that we have stayed at for a night or two before DVC that I liked the best was the Fairfield Inn at the Marriott Village. I think we would have liked any of the hotels in that complex. The Fairfield Inn came with a free breakfast that was extensive and tasty.

We have also stayed at a Radisson on International drive (fine) and the Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista (less fine, but OK, we paid $39 a night). These we got as Travel Zoo specials...I would stay at either of them again, but only for 1 night at the most at the Comfort Inn.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I used to book a hotel around WDW using Priceline. Now I just book one of the Value resorts as they will move my luggage for me and it's not all that more expensive.

If you're interested in Priceline, look here for advise of how to bid:
www.biddingfortravel.com

are you interested in US/IOA or SW?

if US - then one of their hotels. SW - then the renassiance is across the street.

You might try one of the All stars or Pop Century. Do you have an annual pass? I think the special is still going on?

I used to book a hotel around WDW using Priceline. Now I just book one of the Value resorts as they will move my luggage for me and it's not all that more expensive.

If you're interested in Priceline, look here for advise of how to bid:
www.biddingfortravel.com

I would have to agree... book one of the value resorts for the night. At least you're in the world, and moving is MUCH more simple.

If you are driving down from the Nawth, MG's suggestion of St. Augustine is an excellent idea. America's oldest city and an all-round cool place.

Tom,
We are in the same boat. We will be arriving 11:30pm Oct. 4th. Didn't want to waste our points for that night. We were going to try a value resort but had to reserve 2 rooms since there are 5 of us. Got a great rate through Mousesavers for the Royal Plaza near Downtown Disney for $82/night. $92.25 with tax. Last year we had the same issue and stayed at the Quality Suites Maingate East for $86.60. The accomodations were fine and the price included a full breakfast buffet for the 5 of us.
Tina

We are thinking about going down on Sat 10/13 instead of 10/14 and will have a car. Instead of staying on site since we would not arrive till about 3:30 we thought a nice offsite hotel.
TIA:thumbsup2

Off-site!!!! :scared1:

I think you meant to say "You have a firend who needs to stay off-site". :rolleyes1

In Orlando we like Marriott's Horizon resort (great themed pools with slides) and Marriott's Cypress Harbour - we supplement our DVC with these two resorts (and of course Disney moderates and the Wilderness Lodge). We also want to try "The Resort on Cocoa Beach" for a few days at the ocean next spring before our DVC stay starting on Sunday. Here's a link:

http://www.theresortoncocoabeach.com/

http://www.8664myvacation.com/resorts/rcb/index.html

Off-site!!!! :scared1:

I think you meant to say "You have a firend who needs to stay off-site". :rolleyes1

Thats what I meant to say :rotfl2:

BTW thanks to all those who posted. I appreciate the ideas and yes we will have a car. we have a rental reserved from dollar at mco

Thats what I meant to say :rotfl2:

BTW thanks to all those who posted. I appreciate the ideas and yes we will have a car. we have a rental reserved from dollar at mco

You could try to get a DVC or AP discount for your "friend" at one of the Disney Hotels. There are a bunch of hotels across from DTD that are decent. The Marriotts are all nice with nice pools and amenities. Check out on of the on-line web sites for cheap hotels stays in Orlando.

But if it was me and it was my "friend" and the cost wasn't so much an issue, I would check those DVC/AP discounts. Oh, check mousesavers website or even the front page of this site for discounts. Click on the Disney World Information at the upper left hand corner!

We haven't stayed off-site before, but last year, we were going to fly in Saturday and stay off-site for one night. That night it would have been Buena Vista Suites. Unfortunately, Continental Airlines messed up those plans (the joys of flying), but we'd like to try there sometime in the future-for one night only.

We stayed at the Comfort Inn Suites near Old Town. We walked over to Old Town and thoroughly enjoyed the evening. The hotel was new and nice (though this was a couple of years ago), and we got up in the morning, ate at the free breakfast buffet, and headed to WDW for the "real" check-in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter