Where did you meet your Significant Other

We met at a bar. Well we met in the parking lot at closing time. Me and my friends were trying to leave, his friend wouldn’t leave us alone and said something really obnoxious. I was sitting in the car, picked up the drink that was in the cup holder and threw it on his friend.

Been married 31 years.

Met the ex sitting in Central Park reading a book. He was playing frisbee w/ friends and it landed near me so I tossed it back. We spoke for a bit and I left sure I'd never see him again. A week later we saw each other again at a dinner party and I/he//we mistook the fluke for something meant to be, LOL.

Met the man at work. I resiged my position when it became as serious as I'll ever get again.

He had the corner unit of the studio apartments we lived in and I was two doors down. He always had his curtains open. My sister was in town and we had a twelve pack of beer. As we walked by his place I held up the beer and pointed to mine. Thirty years later he still blames (and drinks) Budweiser.

Both cast in a show. He thought I was goofy, I thought he was a cornball (both accurate descriptions). Both dating other people.

Cast again in another show. That night, just like in the movie Harlem Nights, I called my boyfriend at the time to say “Yeah, I ain’t coming home no more!” (Well we didn’t live together, but yeah I told him we were through). He also broke up with his girlfriend soon after.

Married 25 years 🥰🥰

Now our daughter is in a show....... 🤔

I worked after school at a dry cleaner. He brought his Navy uniform in for cleaning. I wrote out his ticket. He left. I told my younger brother who had brought me my lunch that I was going to marry that guy. He laughed since all I knew was that his name was S. Smith. I ended up writing to him for a year and a half while he was stationed in Hawaii (it became our 50th state while he was there). Eight months after he came home we were married. Four children, eight grandchildren and two great-granddaughters and we celebrate our 59th anniversary in two weeks.

We met at church. Had several mutual friends and often saw each other at group events, but never really got to know each other until one weekend retreat. He got my number from a friend, and the rest is history. From first date to the wedding was 8 months. As DH says, "When you find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, why waste time?"

My Mom was friends with a couple of my highschool teachers. I was out of school a couple of years when one of the teachers said that the others bil needed a date to go dancing. He was home on leave and was heading to Florida in a couple of days. I had just gone on a blind date the Sat. before and I said nope, never again. They did talk me into it. You know, "you'll never see him again", "you know he comes from a good family" etc etc. Yeah, 4 months later we were married :) That blind date was 30 yrs ago on Aug. 12th. This Dec. is our anniversary. Moral of the story: Never Say Never :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter