Where at WDW can we finish our school shopping

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
We're leaving Friday for the weekend and haven't even packed yet. Needless to say tomorrow is going to be a very busy day. No time for shopping. :( School starts Monday and my DS still needs new shoes and a raincoat. We have been to the local mall and couldn't find anything he wanted. We live in FL so a raincoat is a must. He will only wear "And 1" or "Nike" shoes and won't wear anything with the characters on it. He is now 10, so the kids really ride them hard if they have on character clothes. Something like ESPN or anything sports would be great. I know the ESPN store at DD has a limited amount of shoes and clothes, but I'm afraid to take a chance on just this one store. He is very picky and will only wear the type of shoes that pull on. No shoelaces. By the way, we will be taking our RV and will be depending on WDW transportation. Does anyone have any suggestions for a desperate Mom who is running out of time? I know I'm asking for a lot, but isn't Disney where magical things are supposed to happen? :D :D :D

Maybe go to one of those Orlando outlets I read about? There must be places you can stop on the way home if you don't see anything at Disney. I would imagine sneaker prices will be pretty steep at WDW. Does he have to have these things for the first day?

I have no advice but I have the same problem. We are leaving 8/19 and wont get home till 9/3, the night before school starts. Since it will still be warm I picked up some new shorts and shirts. I am not going to go crazy until it gets colder. They only bad thing is I have to make sure I have everything ready before we leave. Can I tell you I have have my daughters b-day party the day before we leave AHHHHHHH

there is a walmart if you have a car on the beeline, if not i am sure , well depending what you need, they always have pens, pencils stuff like that at the marketplace

Disnee Dad Says................................Karel is right, do you need this stuff for the first day? Personally, I would tell DS when he pays for the shoes he can pick the style. DD 12 wears FILA, because it is a good name brand, and got them for only $19. She's now looking at Skechers, they were on sale a couple weeks ago but she couldn't find the exact one she wanted. The deal was pick a different style of Skecher, or wait for another sale whenever that may be. She is waiting. Smart and determined, and willing to wait for the right item at the right price! Many adults could learn that lesson. I wouldn't worry about the clothes and shoes, in fact it is an advantage to wait. Then you can find out Rugby from Old Navy is hot, and go out and buy the right stuff!!
As far as the other supplies go, either you know what you need and head for WalMart, or you find out on the first day what you need, and then go get it. As far as the raincoat goes, use an umbrella, preferably a bright color, and tell DS as soon as he can pick out a raincoat the umbrella goes in the closet. Bet he finds one he likes on your next trip to the local mall!

I thought I remember seeing a Nike Outlet on the way from WDW back to the Orlando Airport. There were many outlet stores in the same place, like a strip mall. Maybe someone knows what this place is called. :):D:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter