When you go, do you stay just at DVC the entire time?

where do you stay?

• DVC Only - Sunday through Thursday nights

• DVC Only - all nights, regardless of points

• DVC plus other Disney resort

• DVC plus offsite hotel

Results are only viewable after voting.
Poll is kind of set up if you are visiting WDW only. For us WDW visits we use DVC but we often do a weekend at Clearwater or Universal-makes the most sense to do it on the weekend since it would be more points at DVC anyway then.

We only have 350 points so we like to maximize them. We generally do Sun. through Thursday at a DVC Resort. When 5 days isn't enough for us we do a couple of nights at the begiining at Marriott Grande Vista,which is right outside SeaWorld. The place is as nice as any DVC Resort and has much better food and drink options. It is cheap in my book also. We pay somewhere around $200 per night for a 2 bedroom villa. Makes me wonder why anyone would own there unless they use it primarily as a trader? :confused3 Try getting a 2 bedroom DVC for $200/night. Good poll, I enjoyed it.

DAVE

Voted DVC only. We bought sufficient points to stay at OKW for two week long visits. However we own enough BCV for a Sunday to Friday because it is early December when we want a shorter trip and because the economics of BCV for week long visits is less favorable than OKW.

good point about staying at WDW the entire time.

I've stayed at Universal's Hard Rock for a conference and would definitely stay there if I was planning on going to one of their parks....

We normally stay at DVC Sun to Thurs, then we go for cash to a moderate or pop centry for the weekend. We usually are the for 2 weekends so we do pop 1 weekend and a moderate the other. We have also stayed on points at GF and the Poly, during the week. Our next trip we are going on points to CR and to a wilderness cabin(both during the week). We will also be at Sara and OKW for a week each.(Sun to Thurs). DVC is so great with its flexability, if you have the points you can do it.

Weekend points are so high, we've sometimes booked DVC starting Sunday and stayed elsewhere for cash. Sometimes it's a splurge like AKL, which we love, once we went for a value resort for the one night. I'd rather do all DVC but this lets us go more times a year. In fact, we have an II timeshare that we traded for a week at OKW! Can't get enough WDW. :goodvibes

Our trips are usually 6 nights long, arriving and departing mid-week. We spend the entire time at DVC, with only one little oddity. Since we fly in from Phoenix and don't get on-site until 5PM, we usually get a non-SSR studio for arrival day and then move to SSR for the rest of our stay. Save a few points and allows us to sample / revisit the other resorts.

We try to stay at a different hotel if we arrive on a Friday. We see where we can get a good AP rate, then move on Sunday. But we are becoming DVC snobs. Last trip we flew in on a Sunday and stayed 12 days. So it was only one weekend. Then Hurricane Rita headed for Houston and we had to stay at All Star Sports for three days. Never again! This next trip we will be spending three nights at Coronado. Only because my son's chess tournament is there. Then we will head over to SSR for a week.

It depends where else we are going. If we're going to Universal a couple of days then we will stay at PB or HR for the express passes

I guess if I find myself in a situation of having too many points to use up, I may book another WDW hotel for a night or two just to help eat up the points.

This struck me as funny, too many points? Most people don't seem to have enough and get add-on itis... No disrespect intended it just made me smile...Thanks! :thumbsup2

This thread is over 23 years old. A lot has changed since 2006. :teeth:

Just like back in 2006 we always stay at DVC. That's why we bought DVC in the first place.

DVC only, unless we come in late. If we're scheduled to land after 9pm, we'll crash at the airport embassy suites for one night and Uber to BCV after partaking in the complimentary breakfast buffet 😀 (Lots of people seem to like the convenience of the airport Hyatt and DME the next morning, but that's absurdly overpriced IMHO.)

We used to spend weekend nights off site, but now, even if we are sailing out of Port Canaveral, we stay at WDW the night before. For Miami, no, but after Miami, we often spend nights at VB.

We joined in 2001 and would spend the first night mostly at a value resort, once we stayed at WL. We have since added more points and we are now able to stay all nights at DVC. In my opinion it is much nicer to spend all nights at DVC rather than having to switch resorts, switching resorts isn't something I enjoy doing. So the Disney portion of our visit is spend at a DVC resort, usually our home resort BWV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter