When you go, do you stay just at DVC the entire time?

where do you stay?

• DVC Only - Sunday through Thursday nights

• DVC Only - all nights, regardless of points

• DVC plus other Disney resort

• DVC plus offsite hotel

Results are only viewable after voting.

AreWeThereYet

<font color=blue>Hopes to find bliss one day!<br><
We are making our next trip home in July, but are going down a couple days early and staying atht eh Caribe Royale Resort until we can check in on Sunday. Just wondering - how many of you go down just for your days at your DVC resort and how many extend your trips to other hotels.

My main reason for extending two nights was to make up for the day of driving down to Disney and the day of driving back home...seems logical, right?

How 'bout the rest of you?

Oh, if this other resort is a mess please don't tell me because I got a great deal through AAA ($96 per night if you need to add to your trip - less than MouseSavers).

:yay:

We always stay the entire trip at our home (BWV) unless I can't get in there for the entire stay (due to last minute changes in departure days that were not anticipated) or if we are visiting off site attractions. We once stayed at a Residence Inn near Sea World one weekend when we were traveling with my brother's family. Their little guy wanted to see whales, LOL!

Other than that, we stay on points with DVC.

Best wishes -

everything

done Pop Century on the weekends

stayed offsite timeshare for a week then did OKW for 5 days. (never again at least while my kittens are alived - I missed them - Spicey was with me - but the others were at home with a pet sitter)

but mostly what I voted for - only 5 days at DVC. I drive down on Sat night - sun morning - and arrive around 1pm (if I am lucky).... Drive back early on Friday morning try to be gone by 5 am lately it has been 7 am - mother just won't get up.....

Since we travel from New York, we always combine two weekends with our trips so our entire trip is usually at least 9 night. On one of the weekends, we usually spend a couple of nights at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal, then 7 nights at a DVC.

HBC

I said all nights regardless of points but I think in the next few years we may do Mon-Thurs at DVC and then try Portifino Bay hotel or Gaylord Palms on the weekend

We typically drive, so we arrive very late our first night...no sense wasting points to sleep. I usually book something last minute on Priceline. Last spring break I about gave my family heart failure b/c I forgot to book anything & realized it literally as we were walking out the door! I got on the computer real quick, & on my last try to get something, my bid was accepted, but I had never heard of the place! I printed out my confirmation, & then my computer locked up, so I couldn't even look the place up. Boy, were we surprised when we got there...It was the new Omni Resort at Championsgate! :rotfl2: This place was gorgeous! Fortunately, I had booked it for 2 nights b/c we left a day early & they upgraded us to a suite!! This was a great surprise considering it was Spring Break...typically, we end up at the Hilton, which is not my favorite. But, look what I'm comparing it to! :rolleyes2

We usually stay 10+ nights and all of them at our OKW home. We do conserve points by only staying one weekend in that time. We usually arrive on a Sunday and stay through the following weekend plus a few days into the next week (usually leave on a Wednesday). THis last trip, we did stay elswhere, but mostly that's because we went down to Fort Myers for baseball camp after flying into Orlando. We had one night at PORS when we flew in and when we returned from Fort Myers before checking into our OKW ressie. This was mostly because our plans changed fairly close to the trip, and I didn't want to change the whole OKW ressie.

dianeschlicht said:
We usually stay 10+ nights and all of them at our OKW home. We do conserve points by only staying one weekend in that time. We usually arrive on a Sunday and stay through the following weekend plus a few days into the next week

Very similar to our vacation habits. :thumbsup2

We do not like to move during our stays (we can unwind and relax as soon as we arrive) therefore, we do use weekend points... trying to stay only one weekend during our 12 night stays.

We have started the wonderful tradition of staying at a DVC resort for a few nights and then staying at one of the Universal resorts so that we can take advantage of the FOTL perk. Then, on to Vero and DVC!! It's the perfect trip!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Sometimes we spend the whole trip in the DVC resort, sometimes we split stays between a moderate and the DVC resort.

The DVC resort is always at the end though...I like to finish with the higher level resort.

When we do stay at a DVC resort we stay the entire time and don't move because of points.

Use AP discount at other Disney resorts for the weekend nights.

We usually spend a week at SSR and another 5 days in a monorail resort. :thumbsup2

We only have 170 pts. This year we are flying down fri-fri, 5 nights (sun-thurs) @ SSR and 2 nights @ Cypress Pointe for 95.00 a night. My DVC stay is using 135 pts (5 nights in a 2br) and I rented the other 35 pts for $385.00. That $ paid for my 2 nights offsite and put another $200.00 towards my dues.

Works for me!

Our first trip home isn't until next January, but we plan to stay only at DVC resorts on all of our future trips. :love:

We became members last August. Since we already had a trip planned in October, we rebooked as many nights as possible with DVC. However, I really wanted to be at Wilderness Lodge for my birthday (that's where we were booked to begin with), so we ended up with a split stay--6 nights at SSR and 2 nights at WL.

As of right now, all future trips are DVC only. I guess if I find myself in a situation of having too many points to use up, I may book another WDW hotel for a night or two just to help eat up the points.

I have alway wondered about this. If you start at a DVC, switch to a value on the weekend and back to DVC what do you do with your food? It seems like to much work to only buy enough for the first stay and then shop again.

Our WDW trips are generally 6 nights: check in on Sunday, check out on Saturday. Since it's just one weekend night, we will use points at a DVC resort for the entire stay.

We stay at OKW during the week and go to the Hilton on the weekends, the reason is really very simple, the cost in points is outrageous. While some places charge more for the weekend it is never 2 and a half times as much as it is at OKW. Imagine paying $200 a night for a room at a resort then on the weekends the same room would cost you $500, it just is way too much. This coming trip to OKW we are making an exception to this because we have guests it will be a one time exception beleive me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter