When Will People Start Camping Out at WDW for SWGE Opening?

When Will People Start Camping Out at WDW for SWGE Opening? This is means with Disney's permission.

• 5am 8/29

Votes: 24 9.8%
  • 3am 8/29

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Midnight 8/29

Votes: 66 26.9%
  • 9pm 8/28

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • 5pm 8/28

Votes: 18 7.3%
  • Morning 8/28

Votes: 29 11.8%
  • Sometime on 8/27

Votes: 62 25.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
you never know what's going to happen. I'm playing it safe. I know a large group of us SWW people are going early.
true. I'm only worried because with Toy Story Land's opening day they said it opened at 8 and ended up letting people in at 6 and opening at 6:30

Im expecting the land to open around 5 if there's a huge crowd
Wouldn't it be known what time opening CMs are told to report? Or will Disney be able to call them in early if a huge crowd shows up

Last edited:
you never know what's going to happen. I'm playing it safe. I know a large group of us SWW people are going early.

I’m just slightly jealous re opening day but as got my preview which meant a extra week in year out here I will be grateful for it and enjoy reading all your messages. And it’s only 10 wks till November trip and GE time

I feel so out of the loop but what is SWW? I remember hearing about them but I don't know what actually happens at it

I feel so out of the loop but what is SWW? I remember hearing about them but I don't know what actually happens at it
Happened at it. Past tense. It's history.
They were weekends where Star Wars took over everything at HS. Lasted several weeks. There were panel discussions, meet and great, special fireworks, parades, shopping.

This is hugely enlightening to me.
I don't mind waiting overnight in line but I don't foresee my kids (13, 11 & 8) doing it. They will be fine getting up in the wee hours of the morning and joining me. (And DH would have to sleep back at the resort with them, they wouldn't feel comfortable alone yet.) I also see them walking back to the resort (BW) to grab something or run and get breakfast. You give me hope that a spot in line is possible.

Me too. I'm thinking of heading on the 29th for arrival at 6am. The family won't put up with getting there and waiting before then. I'm just wondering, with everyone camping out AUG 29TH, would it be better to visit on the 30th at 6am instead or will it be just as crowded? (i.e., will people be camping out for both days?)

Star wars weekends was an annual event, lasted a month or two and every weekend we would get celebrities coming to sign autographs, parades, panels, hyperspace hoopla, and tons of characters.
Some people would camp out Thursday night after the park closed to get autographs, do sww Friday, then camp out Friday night, do sww Saturday and camp out Saturday night and do sww Sunday
We got autographs from Dave Prowse, Peter Mayhew, Matthew Wood, Ashley Eckstein, Jim Cummings, Warwick Davis, Jeremy Bullock, James Arnold Taylor, Dave Filoni, Jake Lloyd, Ray Park and many, many others.
I miss sww every summer, last one was 2015

I thought I knew what my family was going to do, but now I'm not so sure. Original plan was be there by 4:30am.

I am driving over from Tampa on opening day. I would like to get my kids to school then come. I have a 12:00 reservation for Oga's

Do you think I am crazy showing up at 9:30 with a reservation? I don't care about the ride wait time, I just want to get in.

Advice?

I am driving over from Tampa on opening day. I would like to get my kids to school then come. I have a 12:00 reservation for Oga's

Do you think I am crazy showing up at 9:30 with a reservation? I don't care about the ride wait time, I just want to get in.

Advice?
you won't have a problem with a reservation.

Im expecting the land to open around 5 if there's a huge crowd
Cm schedules are out. First shift is setting up to be ready by 5:30am
CM schedules will have to be changed for a 5a opening.
Not nitpicking. Some posters think they'll be let in as early as 3a if there are big crowds that early.
CM schedules suggest how early Disney is prepared to open

Any opinions about when to line up after opening day? Like on 9/4 or 9/6? I'm wondering if we should even bother going at our planned 4:30AM -on 9/4 DS has an 11AM reservation at Savi's-but that only gets 2 of the 4 of us in. We have a 6PM Oga's-what time will they let us in for that? If we can go in at 5 what kind of line for MFSR will there be?

Any opinions about when to line up after opening day? Like on 9/4 or 9/6? I'm wondering if we should even bother going at our planned 4:30AM -on 9/4 DS has an 11AM reservation at Savi's-but that only gets 2 of the 4 of us in. We have a 6PM Oga's-what time will they let us in for that? If we can go in at 5 what kind of line for MFSR will there be?

If boarding groups are being used while you’re there (they were only used opening day I think at DLR), your Savi reservation should get your whole group in, if they handle it the same way DL did. A droid/savi/Oga reservation there got up to 6 people in i think? according to reports I’ve read here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter