• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When will AP return?

If you canceled an existing AP instead of taking the extension, or it expired during closure, you are eligible to get a new one,

They are selling to those select groups currently.
I have tried several times to get them to sell me new annual passes for my husband, my daughter, and myself. I originally called the first day, waaaaay back, when I read that they were allowing APS if you called the special number. They said no then. I called several different times to get different cast members, but no. I have kept trying for the last few months. They won't do it. It's really strange because they didn't cancel or refund my sons pass (which they were also supposed to do) they extended his pass until the end of June 2021. (He is the only one of us who doesn't want to go back to WDW for a few years. Yet, he is the one who they will allow to renew his pass. )

Exactly, we wanted to have a 7 day hopper converted to an AP when in the Parks in November. Went to Guest Services and they put the note in the system. We are going in March so if an annoucement is not made by first week of January, will probably just have to bite the bullet and buy another 7 day ticket.

I'm watching this thread intently and have a related question. For those of us bridging, are we still held to the consecutive day use? Or would it be possible to split up our trip and then bridge it later?

I know it's not normally allowed but not sure if there's special circumstances right now.

Any time (soon) works for me Re resumption of sales!

they’ve created a level of pent up demand for APs, might decide to churn some revenue before the next earnings quarter.

I have tried several times to get them to sell me new annual passes for my husband, my daughter, and myself. I originally called the first day, waaaaay back, when I read that they were allowing APS if you called the special number. They said no then. I called several different times to get different cast members, but no. I have kept trying for the last few months. They won't do it. It's really strange because they didn't cancel or refund my sons pass (which they were also supposed to do) they extended his pass until the end of June 2021. (He is the only one of us who doesn't want to go back to WDW for a few years. Yet, he is the one who they will allow to renew his pass. )

That is too bad, Did they say why you were not eligible? Only thing I can think of is that they changed the rules and are not letting those that canceled passes get new ones...only those whose passes expired during closure.

I called last week (12/15/20) about getting new passes, as we cancelled ours instead of taking the extension. I must have hit the CM jackpot, as it was a rather complicated situation but still ended up with 4 new Gold AP vouchers (DVC) about an hour later.

Here's the complicated situation... Family of 4, all with out of state Platinum APs that were originally supposed to expire near the end of July. We were on the 2 summer vacations under one AP strategy. It just so happened that the summer 2020 trip we booked back in 2019 fell during the parks reopening in 2020. So we took that trip and then cancelled the passes instead of taking the closure extension, knowing that we wouldn't be back before that ran out. Within a week of calling to cancel (this was in July before the email and website process was available), I had 3 partial refunds credited back to the card I had purchased the APs with. No 4th refund though. Then the email with the link to cancel arrives. Following that, I log in and my pass is available to cancel. Finally got a check in the mail for that one a few months later. All passes cancelled, or so I thought...

Logged into MDE sometime in October, and see 3 active APs for the rest of my family with an expiration date of 12/12/20. Call up the AP line and after some digging they confirm that those 3 passes were refunded back in July AND extended for the closure. CM says consider it some pixie dust, so I let it go.

Which brings me to my call last week to see about getting new passes. After explaing all the above, and expaining why I didn't want to just renew the 3 passes that were extended (2 summer strategy again for 21-22) and verifying our new DVC eligibilty for Gold passes (purchased in August) the wonderful CM told me to expect a call back shortly from their escalation team and they would take care of the purchasing process. Much to my surprise, I get a call about 10 minutes later. That CM verified what passes I wanted and who they would be assigned to, took my credit card info and a few minutes later we had Gold vouchers in our MDE.

So it appears the right CM can still make things happen. I was honestly expecting to only be able to purchase a new AP for myself.

Add us to the list waiting to buy. We canceled our APs in April. Finally got our refunds. We have a 10 trip in March to use up our banked points. At this point we are looking at a resort only trip unless ticket sales resume. I have several other trips booked too. Multi day tickets are no use to us.

I called last week (12/15/20) about getting new passes, as we cancelled ours instead of taking the extension. I must have hit the CM jackpot, as it was a rather complicated situation but still ended up with 4 new Gold AP vouchers (DVC) about an hour later.

Here's the complicated situation... Family of 4, all with out of state Platinum APs that were originally supposed to expire near the end of July. We were on the 2 summer vacations under one AP strategy. It just so happened that the summer 2020 trip we booked back in 2019 fell during the parks reopening in 2020. So we took that trip and then cancelled the passes instead of taking the closure extension, knowing that we wouldn't be back before that ran out. Within a week of calling to cancel (this was in July before the email and website process was available), I had 3 partial refunds credited back to the card I had purchased the APs with. No 4th refund though. Then the email with the link to cancel arrives. Following that, I log in and my pass is available to cancel. Finally got a check in the mail for that one a few months later. All passes cancelled, or so I thought...

Logged into MDE sometime in October, and see 3 active APs for the rest of my family with an expiration date of 12/12/20. Call up the AP line and after some digging they confirm that those 3 passes were refunded back in July AND extended for the closure. CM says consider it some pixie dust, so I let it go.

Which brings me to my call last week to see about getting new passes. After explaing all the above, and expaining why I didn't want to just renew the 3 passes that were extended (2 summer strategy again for 21-22) and verifying our new DVC eligibilty for Gold passes (purchased in August) the wonderful CM told me to expect a call back shortly from their escalation team and they would take care of the purchasing process. Much to my surprise, I get a call about 10 minutes later. That CM verified what passes I wanted and who they would be assigned to, took my credit card info and a few minutes later we had Gold vouchers in our MDE.

So it appears the right CM can still make things happen. I was honestly expecting to only be able to purchase a new AP for myself.
Great that you were able to get more APs! I will try again and see what happens.

Add us to the list of those waiting. We generally get new APs about every other year. Ours expired Aug. of 2019. We purchased 10-day park hopper discounted tickets to upgrade to APs for our June 2020 trip last Jan. The June trip didn't happen obviously. We ended up using the 10-day tickets during our Oct. trip.

Disney did put a notation on our account that they would upgrade those tickets to APs when and if they start selling again. We couldn't get a refund for our park hoppers either, which was fine. We had planned to go to Disney in May and Oct. of 2021. Now we don't know what to do. We are DVC and have booked the rooms for those trips. We don't have tickets. We are seriously considering getting a Univeral Pass instead.

Add us to the list of those waiting. We generally get new APs about every other year. Ours expired Aug. of 2019. We purchased 10-day park hopper discounted tickets to upgrade to APs for our June 2020 trip last Jan. The June trip didn't happen obviously. We ended up using the 10-day tickets during our Oct. trip.

Disney did put a notation on our account that they would upgrade those tickets to APs when and if they start selling again. We couldn't get a refund for our park hoppers either, which was fine. We had planned to go to Disney in May and Oct. of 2021. Now we don't know what to do. We are DVC and have booked the rooms for those trips. We don't have tickets. We are seriously considering getting a Univeral Pass instead.

if You do universal AP you might want to get at least one preferred pass. Preferred pass gives free parking and some other small discounts. Then get a cheaper AP for other family. Just check the blackouts for the cheaper passes, like holidays and summer. This is what we generally do. We don’t do. Holidays or summer so it works for us.

Just a heads up: I was have two annual passes in my cart on the website. I chatted with a CM since my account was supposed to be noted, but the CM said they are still not selling annual passes. I’m not sure if this is a fluke, or if it’s a sign that sales are on the horizon. I’m going to try calling a little later, but fingers crossed!!!

Was at WDW in Nov and tried to convert a 7 day hopper to an annual pass, which they informed us that could not do. CM said put a note in our account. Well we are going in late March and needed the ticket to synch up with 2 other annual passes so we could book the parks. We called yesterday and after over 2 hours on hold, they still would not sell us the AP. We ended up having to purchase a new 6 day hopper. I do not think Disney is in any hurry to start offering new AP's.

Just a heads up: I was have two annual passes in my cart on the website. I chatted with a CM since my account was supposed to be noted, but the CM said they are still not selling annual passes. I’m not sure if this is a fluke, or if it’s a sign that sales are on the horizon. I’m going to try calling a little later, but fingers crossed!!!
Just putting this in this thread as well, as I had also responded to your post in the rumors thread. There have been multiple reports of this happening to people since June here on Disboards. It’s an IT glitch. They let you add the APs to the cart, but you can’t complete checkout. It also seems to only happen very early in the morning when the website updates for the day.

Just putting this in this thread as well, as I had also responded to your post in the rumors thread. There have been multiple reports of this happening to people since June here on Disboards. It’s an IT glitch. They let you add the APs to the cart, but you can’t complete checkout. It also seems to only happen very early in the morning when the website updates for the day.
Thanks for the clarification! Figured I’d mention it in case anyone was able to check out.
In my book it’s, a big tease.

A stretch but, perhaps a placeholder of sorts until they do resume sales.
The worst tease! Especially since we are all waiting with bated breath now that park hopping has returned

Thanks for the clarification! Figured I’d mention it in case anyone was able to check out.

The worst tease! Especially since we are all waiting with bated breath now that park hopping has returned
My family Currently, has 1 Plat AP to expire in Feb & another in April. Original plan was to let them both go & start up new Gold for summer trip.

Waiting them out, even though I decided to add on a trip in early May & would need the passes sooner.

I’ve had to contact MS a few times recently as to planning annual after Thanksgiving trip/crosses a UY. Each time before call is concluded, the CM urges me to renew both the current APs so we can make our park passes, especially for the trip that crosses the 50th anniversary in Oct.

My response has been that I’m waiting for new APs to be Sold, which is followed by dead silence.

Last phone call, the CM ‘raised me’ & mused that prices could rise at any time. Has me starting to rethink my current strategy.

The DVC discount perk is still in place for AP renewals in 2021. Since they aren’t selling new APs, has a discount even been officially announced for 2021?

My family Currently, has 1 Plat AP to expire in Feb & another in April. Original plan was to let them both go & start up new Gold for summer trip.

Waiting them out, even though I decided to add on a trip in early May & would need the passes sooner.

I’ve had to contact MS a few times recently as to planning annual after Thanksgiving trip/crosses a UY. Each time before call is concluded, the CM urges me to renew both the current APs so we can make our park passes, especially for the trip that crosses the 50th anniversary in Oct.

My response has been that I’m waiting for new APs to be Sold, which is followed by dead silence.

Last phone call, the CM ‘raised me’ & mused that prices could rise at any time. Has me starting to rethink my current strategy.

The DVC discount perk is still in place for AP renewals in 2021. Since they aren’t selling new APs, has a discount even been officially announced for 2021?

People have renewed at the $611 plus tax currently listed, I will be renewing mine next week at the park as I have a ticket that I want to use toward the purchase of the renewal..which I was told could be done in person.

I’ll post my experience and cost when I do.

Everytime I see this thread bumped up, I get excited. And then.....nothing new. lol

Honestly, I'm not even sure we can use APs anymore with as difficult as it has been to find dates that work for all of us as we keep rescheduling trips! Having young adults with "real job" work schedules to plan around makes life tough! At least one of us is always sacrificing something else for the ever-elusive next trip!

if You do universal AP you might want to get at least one preferred pass. Preferred pass gives free parking and some other small discounts. Then get a cheaper AP for other family. Just check the blackouts for the cheaper passes, like holidays and summer. This is what we generally do. We don’t do. Holidays or summer so it works for us.

Thanks for the tips. We will keep this in mind. We love Disney, but no way are we going to pay for tickets for three separate trips within the span of a year. My oldest is now 10 and LOVES Harry Potter. She has been over to Universal once to see the WW for the day. Maybe it is time we do a completely Universal vacation (except we will probably be staying at Disney since we are DVC unless we decide to rent our points and stay at Universal).

(except we will probably be staying at Disney since we are DVC unless we decide to rent our points and stay at Universal).
You may already know this, but if you decide to do this, be sure to use those $ to stay at one of UO's deluxe hotels, which will give you unlimited Express Pass throughout your stay. Depending on when you go (the cost of EP varies by date) it could save you a lot of money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter