When to leave for LAX?

cherylsmike

Mouseketeer
We have a 8:33 PM flight back home on a Thursday this June. What time should we leave from park/hotel to make our flight given rush hour traffic?

I grew up in SoCal but was gone before I could drive. Our last Disneyland trip was 15 years ago and we were lucky enough to fly into John Wayne. I am pretty nervous.

Normal drive time is 45 min...and luckily rush hour is coming the other way.

Google maps has a predictor tool and it estimates :45:-1:35 for a 6:30 pm arrival on a Thursday.

Taking into account that and the fact the the arrivals "horseshoe" at LAX can be a nightmare of gridlock I would leave at least an hour and a half to two hours depending on how conservative you wanna be.

Normal drive time is 45 min...and luckily rush hour is coming the other way.

Google maps has a predictor tool and it estimates :45:-1:35 for a 6:30 pm arrival on a Thursday.

Taking into account that and the fact the the arrivals "horseshoe" at LAX can be a nightmare of gridlock I would leave at least an hour and a half to two hours depending on how conservative you wanna be.

Thank you! I was thinking it would be much worse.

I was surprised - we were headed back to LAX on a Friday afternoon of a holiday weekend. I was expecting terrible but it was actually great. It took 1 hour. We took the 1pm Disneyland Resort Express bus and arrived in more than enough time for our 4:50pm flight.

We are flying into lax and out of sna.

We are arriving on a Thursday at 2:30 pm in december. About how long might it take to get to harbor drive?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter