• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When to go to DLP?

Disneyenthusiast

Mouseketeer
We would like to avoid the worst of the crowds, school vacations, and the heat. We are thinking late May or early June... We don't want to go in the winter. Thanks!

We went in mid-June this year (10th-14th). During the week the crowds were certainly manageable. :) The weather was lovely, too. At the weekends, though, we struggled to do anything at all, so I would definitely recommend that you avoid the weekends!

We have gone twice in May and once in early June. May was the least busy and the park was absolutely empty, we got to stay on many rides a second and third time. The weather has also been lovely both times, not too hot, not too cool. When we went in June the park was also not busy at all. The weather was really HOT like 36 degrees (too hot) but I think it was a bit of a heat wave as opposed to the norm. I would recommend you go either May or EARLY June MIDWEEK. The only downfall is you don't get Fantillusion or the later park closing times but it is worth it IMHO.

We went around the 18th June a couple of years ago and it was really nice. Weather good, not too many queues and offers on ie 4 for 3

We went the end of May 2 yrs ago. Our time there included the Bank Holiday Monday (which incidentally was the least busy day). The weather was very warm and the crowds were manageable, but we did get to the parks for opening to make sure we got the essential rides done. :cool1:

I don't blame you for not wanting to go in the winter. We went the beginning of December (a few years ago), and although the crowds were really low, and the beautiful Christmas decorations were up in the Disneyland hotel and the parks, it was Coooooold! :cold:
Of course add that it got darker earlier (making it colder sooner), we were still suffering from jet lag, and being 3 months pregnant (so pretty tired all the time anyways), 4:30 or 5:00pm came and I was spent! LOL

I think that it would have been better for me at the time if it was warmer. I think May sounds like a great time!

Don't forget that next June it's the World Cup in Germany. Don't know how that will affect crowds, if at all.

ErikaM said:
Don't forget that next June it's the World Cup in Germany. Don't know how that will affect crowds, if at all.
Means the Sports Bar will be full of all the boys :goodvibes :rotfl:
and I'll be camped at home :jumping1:

Reid

As a generell advice I can say: Anytime when Disney offers 3=2 or 4=3, then the park is very empty. Because they only offer this in times with no scholl holidays in France (and the UK??)

But don't forget. Even in the lowest season the park can get growded on the weekends!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter