when to book for sept?

babyatlas

Mouseketeer
we are tentatively planning on staying at the GCH in early September. is it best to book early or wait a bit? thanks for any insight.

The earlier you can book the better, prices are likely just to go up and up. You can always book a room that you're able to cancel and if the prices drops then make a new reservation at the lower price. Depending on when in Sept you are going you might hit a busier time with the start of Halloween which will drive prices up.

Better check what the cancellation policy is now. For Dapper Day they want a non-refundable one night deposit for the GCH.

ah - thanks for the tip on Dapper Day non-refundable pricing. that is one of the times we were looking at.

If you're planning for Labor Day weekend, book now. It's a Marathon weekend + a holiday weekend, so rooms are getting booked quickly.

Two weeks ago, there were no premium view rooms available for PPH, for instance. Luckily, about a week ago, they popped back up and I was able to nab one.

i think we are looking at Sept 12 - 16, Sept 19 - 23 or Sept 26 - 30th.....Saturday to Wednesday works best for us. We usually arrive on Saturday and spend that day at the beach and then spend Sun, Mon, Tues at the park with hoppers. We have never been for the Halloween overlays so I'm guessing we should try for later in the month to be sure that they are installed and the rides are open. we don't have any interest in attending the Halloween evening parties BUT I would probably not want to go on a day they are offering them as I don't want to get kicked out of the park early. again, thank you.

If you are planning on Sept 19 - 23, GCH still have Dapper Day rates available. You could get the room for $249 a night.

Better check what the cancellation policy is now. For Dapper Day they want a non-refundable one night deposit for the GCH.

Sorry to contradict you, but I don't think this is correct. I am booked at DL Hotel with DD rates, but I also checked the GC rates prior to booking. The cancellation policy is the same for both (copied directly from the booking page, under policies):

"Please note there is a 1 night deposit required at the time of booking with the credit card used online.

We have a 5 day change and cancel policy at our Resort. If you need to cancel your reservation, please do so at least 5 days prior to your scheduled arrival. Should you cancel within 5 days of arrival, the deposit of one nights rate + tax is not refundable."

So the 1 night deposit is fully refundabable long as you cancel before 5 days out.

Book early. We had to shift out trip by a whole week due to waiting too long to book and the Grand being completely sold out.

If you are planning on Sept 19 - 23, GCH still have Dapper Day rates available. You could get the room for $249 a night.

how do you book with dapper day pricing? thank you.
Someone in your party needs to attend/participate in Dapper Days to be eligible for the rate. You also need to stay the night before or of the event, so no, arriving on the 19th wouldn't work. You have to book through Dapper Days to get their rate.

I plugged in the 19 - 23 on the actual Dapper Day website and it allows you to make the booking.

As far as I'm aware, Disney aren't asking each guest if they are actually attending any Dapper Day activities.

I plugged in the 19 - 23 on the actual Dapper Day website and it allows you to make the booking.

As far as I'm aware, Disney aren't asking each guest if they are actually attending any Dapper Day activities.

When I was doing research on the Dapper Day rate I did find a few people who were able to make the reservation, even though their dates of travel did not coincide with the Dapper Day event itself. No they were not asked, but upon check in, were told that they would not get the discount because they were obviously not attending the event since it had already happened.

No, I can't confirm it, but it was more than just one person and that would be a big shock to hear after you had arrived. Just some food for thought.

Unless you are going for the dapper days events and can get the rate. I would go later sep and you may be able to do the Halloween party too.
Book early to save

We're doing Dapper Days. I had to call and the CM and I talked about Dapper Days. So, who knows what they do? We were going to Dapper Days no matter what.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter