When do you think you'll be back?

So we have WJ credit from two cancelled flights last year. Credit expires June and July 2022. If we book flights for this November or December and end up cancelling, do I get that travel credit back? And will it then have a new expiry date?
I wondered about that . I don’t think so but I could be wrong . Maybe do the online chat feature to find out . I wouldn’t bother with calling as right now they are likely flooded with people scrambling to get home.

I’m debating whether to book with Westjet. I have credit and a companion fare and if I book now for next December there’s no fee to change or cancel . It would give me a travel credit good for two years if I have to cancel . I’m good with that since I’m not tying up much cash . I know I want to go in December if we are allowed and we’re vaccinated . If I wait , the costs of those flights will continue to rise . If we can’t go next December I’m prepared to push it out to summer 2022.
Right now the schedule only goes to December 20th . Does anyone know when they might extend it ? I need a few days after that .
Could be any day now, WJ does this at Christmas and March break where the creeping calender just stops! You just have to check every a.m. Good luck.

I wondered about that . I don’t think so but I could be wrong . Maybe do the online chat feature to find out . I wouldn’t bother with calling as right now they are likely flooded with people scrambling to get home.
Took your advice and used the chat feature. They confirmed that yes, if I book using travel credits and I have to cancel, my travel credits will then have a new expiry date!

Took your advice and used the chat feature. They confirmed that yes, if I book using travel credits and I have to cancel, my travel credits will then have a new expiry date!

We've got like $5000 westjet points :p That's good to know!

We've got like $5000 westjet points :p That's good to know!
Yes, indeed! We have $3425 tied up with them.

This was the message thread:
bcwife76: I have $3400 in my WJ travel credit bank, these credits expire June and July 2022. If I book a flight for say, November or December 2021 but then I have to cancel the flight, will my travel credits still have the same expiry dates or would they then expire sometime in 2023?

WJ: Good evening, bcwife76. Thanks for connecting with us today. We apologize for the delay in our response. We are working 'round the clock with a very high volume of messages through our social channels. Thanks for your patience! These would have a new expiry date for 24 months from the date they are issued for the new booking. Warmly, ~Amanda

I really don't know when we'll be back. We left Disney early last March due to the pandemic, and have been home ever since. We cancelled our usual fall trip and Christmas trip. I will be in the last group to get vaccinated unfortunately, and I'm now wondering if I won't be able to go until I'm vaccinated. I had been counting on getting the vaccine by September, but now I'm hearing it may be 2022. It makes my head spin. :(

Yes, indeed! We have $3425 tied up with them.

This was the message thread:
bcwife76: I have $3400 in my WJ travel credit bank, these credits expire June and July 2022. If I book a flight for say, November or December 2021 but then I have to cancel the flight, will my travel credits still have the same expiry dates or would they then expire sometime in 2023?

WJ: Good evening, bcwife76. Thanks for connecting with us today. We apologize for the delay in our response. We are working 'round the clock with a very high volume of messages through our social channels. Thanks for your patience! These would have a new expiry date for 24 months from the date they are issued for the new booking. Warmly, ~Amanda

Does anyone know if we can extend the expiry of our credit if we don't book anything? I feel like I heard you could pay a small fee to get your WJ travel bank credit extended.

According to the following calculator, us regular folks may have to wait until sometime between September 2021 and April 2022. :( A lot can change between now and then, but for now, it's awfully discouraging. :(

https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-ca

You have to take this calculator with a huge grain of salt. It's not made/run by the government. It's just people who have set it up and are making their own guesses themselves based on what the government has planned, published or released or whatever they might have heard or read somewhere.

Does anyone know if we can extend the expiry of our credit if we don't book anything? I feel like I heard you could pay a small fee to get your WJ travel bank credit extended.
Yes you can! For $20 you can extend your travel credit for another 2 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter