When did you first learn to cycle?

I went from a tricycle to regular bike - no training wheels ever. I remember we bought the "big kid bike" at a yard sale from teh family up the street = a red one with yellow pads (BMX style). I was so excited and I took to it easily. I think I was about 6 at the time.

I was 5. They took the training wheels off, and I rode it, right into a telephone pole :laughing:
I got right back on and rode it fine from then one

My parents didn't believe in training wheels, but I got the hang of riding about 7. DS had training wheels at 3, but rode without by 4.

I had to learn when I started middle school because it was too far to walk and the bus did not go to my area.

Around 9 or so. My stepsister brought me to the top of a steep hill, put me on her bike and pushed. Right before doing so she told me how to use the brakes and advised me not to fall because it was going to hurt a lot.

I remember having a tricycle when I was very young. Then I outgrew that and maybe nothing for a while. All the neighborhood kids started with two wheeled bicycles early in elementary school. I don’t remember anyone using training wheels. Maybe we were around 6? I don’t think it was in kindergarten, but I might be wrong. I guess it depended more on when parents started buying the bicycles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter