What's your favorite meal at the Rain forest?

albianne

Mouseketeer
We have a reservation there and are wondering what everybodies favorite thing is to order.

albi

I cannot remember the name of the food, but I had the most amazing drink.. It was like an orange whip and tasted like a 50/50 bar... Oh yummy... I can't wait until we go back!!

I love the China Island Chicken Salad (its huge, big enough to share). We also love the Awesome Appetizer Platter. I have enjoyed the pizzas and my favorite must do drink: Tropical Toucan! Oh my, its just what the old tired body needs after a day at the parks. I have about 10 of those dumb souveneir cups they give you. Their drinks are so expensive but I always have to get one!

Really enjoyed the ribs and I just loved the Napa Veggies-yum

We tried the appetizer combo, calamari was fishy tasting and oily but the chimis were YUM!

Breakfast is good, and cheap too! Hint.. the breakfast pizza is huge and can easily be shared.
My boys get the flying dragon pizza to share at lunch and DH and I share one of the wraps ... can't remeber the name.
It's worth the effort to become a safari member, free appetizer and 10% off. Plus priority seating without needing reservations.

We were just there and my husband ordered the Combo special and it was great! It had steak, ribs, and shrimp- large portions, too! It was $20.99 but enough for 2 to share, and then some. The kids meals included their drinks- which is always a great deal. Hope you enjoy it!

Mmmmm Rainforest (Worked at one for a year or so)

My favorites are the Rainforest Pita Quesadillas, China Island Chicken Salad, and the Rasta Pasta.

DH and I will commonly get the Pita Quesadillas and the China Island Chicken Salad and share that and it is plenty.

Hmmmm now you have me craving Rainforest, might go there before Mickey's halloween Treat on Tues.

wendypooh22 said:
What does it take to become a safari member?? Thanks in advance..

You need to sign up in person, and it costs $15.00 (one time fee). They will mail you a gift card for $10, and send you special coupons for birthdays and/or anniversary of your membership. You get priority seating, and also their coupons do NOT expire, so don't ever toss them out. They will accept them. I have heard that from several sources, but have not personally tried.

Thanks Kuusimo... We might make a trip early and sign up... I love it there... The one in Las Vegas is good to @ the MGM Grand Hotel.... We go there just about everytime we are in vegas...

I think it is called the shrimp adventure platter!
The volcano desert is to die for .........and the fact they scream it out loud as they bring it is great!
I also have a ton of the glasses and plastic plates!

I had some sort of Chicken Wrap and if I remember, it was huge! I saved it in the fridge and had the rest the next day. It was even good cold.

Love the CHICKEN WRAPS!!!!

We always get a appetizer sampler at our table and a VOLCANO! (so we rarely eat much of the main dish...LOL)

Funny story...the Rainforest in downtown San Francisco has some weird fire restrictions so instead of sparklers, they put a streamer in the top of the Volcano...so both of my kids looked at our server and said "that's no Volcano!" They asked every server going by if they had the fire for our Volcano. So now, at every Rainforest we visit, the first thing my kids ask is "do you have weird fire codes here?" :smokin: I think most folks think that my kids want to smoke at the table or something...since they are all of 6 and 11 years old now!

Not to be a downer, but I read this thread to see what I've been missing! My son and I adore the atmosphere, so we've tried several locations (including the one in Niagara Falls) and always seem to bottom out with our order.

What we've had that was quite poor quality--
Clam Chowder
Appetizer Platter (surprised to see all the plugs for this one--I was really looking forward to the dip, and was disappointed with the flavor, as well as pretty much everything else on it)
Didn't care for the quesadillas much
Hamburger (this was in Niagara--they may have given me the vegetarian patty by mistake, but my supposed real ground beef tasted artificial, like soybean patties--quite disappointing--dry as well and fries were plain tasting)
Key Lime Pie dessert--quality of a defrosted frozen dessert entree with cool whip topping--not bad tasting, just not really restaurant style
Can't remember what else
I think I had a fish dish once and I felt like it was overpriced at the time--just disappointed, overall
We've tried San Francisco, WDW near Animal Kingdom and Downtown Disney in both Florida and California, Orange county and Niagara Falls

Next time I might try Rasta Pasta since I'm seeing some votes for that one, and I was hoping to try the other type of soup that's newer (it's called the 9 bean or something). I might also look into the China Island salad or another type of salad. We love the animation so much...we'd go again if we could find something worth spending money on. I know I'm sounding picky--and really--I'm not the type of "send it back to the kitchen" type like this sounds. I do like Jazz Kitchen and Blue Bayou, so I might like more upscale fare--but I'd love to find a way to enjoy Rainforest! Thanks :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter