What's your best kept Disney secrets?

Agent Ps Showcase Adventure. Its a little bit like Sorcerers but you play in the Pavilions at WS. The 2 nine year olds in our group ran around WS for hours and played Agent P, leaving DH and me to stroll and relax. Best afternoon ever!
Yes his was an awesome hidden adventure we did while in Epcot! My kids loved this and kept them entertained in a world that bores many kids. We played this in almost all of the countries.

Hello everyone, I have an upcoming Walt Disney World vacation, and I was wondering what are your families best kept Disney secrets? Whether it's theme park related, food related, anything that will make a Disney vacation that much more magical.

One of my best kept (known) Disney secrets would have to be the single riders line at Expedition Everest at Disney's Animal Kingdom. Why wait 30 to 90 minutes in line at sand by, when you can wait no longer than 5 minutes in the single riders line? I know you won't be seated with your family or friends, but it's a great way to save a lot of time!

Also, if you've never eaten at Earl of Sandwich at Downtown Disney, you don't know what you're missing. They are reasonably priced, and they have some of the greatest sandwiches, wraps and salads in this world. Also, they give a discount to AAA members, something to keep in mind.

Request Mickey Mouse ice cream bars for bedtime treats at no charge.

I find Cinderella II to be a guilty pleasure for me. It made me like chocolate pudding.

I have a few tips as well.

While my ddwas still in a stroller we added a bike bell to the handle. Not all people understand excuse me or watch your back. So a simple friendly ring of the bell let others know I was behind them. We miss that bell now that we no longer use a stroller. People still stomp on my kid.

Love going to the camp ground for chip n dales camp fire sing along. We like to do this on a non park day ( or AK day) we make dining reservations at trails end then head over to the campfire. Don't forget the marshmallows and find yourself a stick. There's also horse stables at the camp ground that are fun to look at the horses that they use in the parades. The campfire sing along and stables are free.

Avoid EMH

Hit the popular rides during fireworks and parades.

Order from the kids meals selection at QS restaurants . DH and I do this often for lunch because we don't want anything heavy.

Free ice water at QS as well. Disney wants you hydrated. No need to carry bottles around.

Sign up for Earl of sandwich rewards on their website. They will send you a coupon for a free sandwich. We did this on our last trip and we all used our email addresses and had free lunch one afternoon at DTD.

I keep a wet washcloth with a little bit of rubbing alcohol in a zippy bag. It's nice on hot hot days to wash your arms,legs and back of your neck down to cool off.

If you buy the popcorn bucket, take the popcorn on the side. You Will not have to clean up ;-)

Use the End benches of americain theater to see illuminations In confort. You Will not see all of the fireworks but see the Earth So close!

And the great thing about this, is that it is just the way that one should be ANYWAY towards others. I believe some might call it the "Golden Rule" :)

Agree. We once were eating ice cream and chatting with a CM at AK not far from the LK Festival show and spontaneously she wrote our names on a clipboard and, long-story-short, we were given reserved seats and DDs 8,6 were pulled for short interviews on the microphone early in the show. Cloud 9. Made their whole trip.

I have a few tips as well.

While my ddwas still in a stroller we added a bike bell to the handle. Not all people understand excuse me or watch your back. So a simple friendly ring of the bell let others know I was behind them. We miss that bell now that we no longer use a stroller. People still stomp on my kid.

Love going to the camp ground for chip n dales camp fire sing along. We like to do this on a non park day ( or AK day) we make dining reservations at trails end then head over to the campfire. Don't forget the marshmallows and find yourself a stick. There's also horse stables at the camp ground that are fun to look at the horses that they use in the parades. The campfire sing along and stables are free.

Avoid EMH

Hit the popular rides during fireworks and parades.

Order from the kids meals selection at QS restaurants . DH and I do this often for lunch because we don't want anything heavy.

Free ice water at QS as well. Disney wants you hydrated. No need to carry bottles around.

Sign up for Earl of sandwich rewards on their website. They will send you a coupon for a free sandwich. We did this on our last trip and we all used our email addresses and had free lunch one afternoon at DTD.

I keep a wet washcloth with a little bit of rubbing alcohol in a zippy bag. It's nice on hot hot days to wash your arms,legs and back of your neck down to cool off.

Excellent tips.

This is not a secret at all but anytime I've gone, I never saw anyone there so it might be something that gets overlooked.. There is a first aid station at every park that will provide OTC meds for headache/pain relief etc & bandaids at no charge if need be. It can be a lifesaver.

There is a first aid station at every park that will provide OTC meds for headache/pain relief etc & bandaids at no charge if need be. It can be a lifesaver.

We actually used them once (At MK) and I was surprised at how busy it WASN'T. All we had to do was "Sign In" and they gave it to us. In and out. No fuss no muss.

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card game! My sons absolutely love this game and it's FREE. Even if you don't play the game, the cards are beautiful souvenirs and everyone with a ticket can get a free pack in MK. Each day you go back you can get another pack, as long as you play at least one portal of the game. It's interactive, takes you through several of the lands in MK, and just a lot of fun!

How about the little things like hearing the music school down off Main Street, the key under the mat at Muppets, and the "Singing in the Rain" umbrella at HS?

Transportation cards--again a freebie and great souvenir. You can ask the drivers of any boat, monorail or bus. Some have them, some don't. But it doesn't hurt to ask!
We're going 1st time in June and I have to check into this Sorcerers as I heard of this FREE tip! Thanks!

Somebody mentioned this already, but it really can't be stressed enough. Not so much a secret, but common sense that people unfortunately tend to forget. CM are human too. They're working long days, it's hot, they don't pick their costumes so they might be in long sleeves or thick clothing on 90+ days, they're on their feet all day, and they have to deal with lots of people that treat them horribly. A little bit of kindness goes a long way. Just some basic courtesy. Say hello back, have a bit of a chat if they're not currently dealing with a situation (ex: chat with someone working an empty gift shop, not with someone trying to load people onto an attraction), just be nice. You get something in return, you might not. But even if you don't, you made someone's day a little better and Disney's all about making people's days better. It's the little things.

Extra tip here: a good starting point is to take note of where they're from. Visited their are recently? Mention it! From the same area? Tell them! I can't even keep count of how many times my dad and I have gotten things here and there from that. Last time we were there (November 2014) we hit HS on Thanksgiving and went to RnR only to find it was temporarily down. We noticed the CM at the front line was from PR just like us so we mentioned it, wished him a happy Thanksgiving, thanked him for working holidays so people like us could have a magical time. We wound up getting about 12 fast passes from the CM. Some paper ones that worked on any of the rides, anytime. It was amazing. So remember, be nice to CM! It's the least you can do after they're working so hard to give you a magical vacation.

Somebody mentioned this already, but it really can't be stressed enough. Not so much a secret, but common sense that people unfortunately tend to forget. CM are human too. They're working long days, it's hot, they don't pick their costumes so they might be in long sleeves or thick clothing on 90+ days, they're on their feet all day, and they have to deal with lots of people that treat them horribly. A little bit of kindness goes a long way. Just some basic courtesy. Say hello back, have a bit of a chat if they're not currently dealing with a situation (ex: chat with someone working an empty gift shop, not with someone trying to load people onto an attraction), just be nice. You get something in return, you might not. But even if you don't, you made someone's day a little better and Disney's all about making people's days better. It's the little things.

Extra tip here: a good starting point is to take note of where they're from. Visited their are recently? Mention it! From the same area? Tell them! I can't even keep count of how many times my dad and I have gotten things here and there from that. Last time we were there (November 2014) we hit HS on Thanksgiving and went to RnR only to find it was temporarily down. We noticed the CM at the front line was from PR just like us so we mentioned it, wished him a happy Thanksgiving, thanked him for working holidays so people like us could have a magical time. We wound up getting about 12 fast passes from the CM. Some paper ones that worked on any of the rides, anytime. It was amazing. So remember, be nice to CM! It's the least you can do after they're working so hard to give you a magical vacation.

:thumbsup2:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter