What's the most evil, depraved, nasty film you've even had the mischance of seeing?

Easy for me. Event Horizon. Evil film. They actually had to remove various torture scenes as even at the highest rating it was considered too nasty.
You're still in the UK, right?
You probably want to skip the play A Little Life with James Norton in London. Apparently it's so evil, people walk out as they cannot bear to watch the torture, rape and child abuse.

For me it's American Psycho. I haven't watched it since it came out, but that's the first time I was turned off by the seemingly gratuitous violence. I get that it was supposed to be violent, but it just struck me as over the top and unnecessary. I guess I stopped being edgy in my mid-20s :rotfl2:That's probably also around when I stopped watching the Saw sequels for the same reason.

I never saw it, but apparently 128 Hours was tortuous. A friend went to see it and recounted that they had to stop the film to cart a patron out of the cinema because she had fainted from fright!

Whilst there are a few films mentioned in this thread already, there are a few that are just gross, nothing more - Hostel, Saw, Creep... I just don't get them?

I can’t say that I have ever seen an evil, depraved, or nasty film. I am not into horror, or sci-fi, or anything where a filmmaker could push the story in that direction. When I finish watching a film I want to feel better than I did when it began, not worse. I mostly watch romantic comedies, musicals, and the occasional history/biography where I am aware of the subject matter in advance and know what to expect. I have watched a few really boring films though.

I can’t say that I have ever seen an evil, depraved, or nasty film. I am not into horror, or sci-fi, or anything where a filmmaker could push the story in that direction. When I finish watching a film I want to feel better than I did when it began, not worse. I mostly watch romantic comedies, musicals, and the occasional history/biography where I am aware of the subject matter in advance and know what to expect. I have watched a few really boring films though.
I agree with you as I don’t watch horror. The last one like that I saw was the movie Seven with Brad Pitt when I was in my late teens.

Odd. Either everyone is carefully not listing the really bad movies out there or no one watches anything outside of mainstream. And I am talking formally released movies, not Youtube junk.

Odd. Either everyone is carefully not listing the really bad movies out there or no one watches anything outside of mainstream. And I am talking formally released movies, not Youtube junk.

um i listed caligula which was never considered a mainstream movie-movie theaters had to be rented by the distributor in the u.s. in order to show it due to its lack of an mpaa rating. eraserhead was originally only available for viewing at far flung midnight showings, generally only at what we considered 'art house' little independent theaters back in the '70's (i fondly remember one in berkeley ca that was literally a series of bed sheets that served as a screen with picnic table benches for seating :thumbsup2 ).

You're still in the UK, right?
You probably want to skip the play A Little Life with James Norton in London. Apparently it's so evil, people walk out as they cannot bear to watch the torture, rape and child abuse.

Haven't see the play, but I read A Little Life and it was a tough read, it was some years ago but I still remember some of the more disturbing details.

Has anyone seen the stage production, The Woman in Black? When we saw it, they had to have breaks, to allow the audience time to recuperate!

Last edited:
I don't know, I never saw it? Movies with that kind of reputation don't really float my boat!
If that is what it is, it's a true survival story. He did what he had to do, to keep from dying. It's not a scary movie at all. Stressful maybe, and yes, that scene is hard to watch, but it's not at all nasty and depraved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter