What's the cheapest rate you've ever had for concierge?

WeLoveEeyore

Mouseketeer
Just curious who has had the best outcome with discount rates/upgrades to concierge. What is the best rate for concierge you've ever gotten (and what time of year was it?). Should be interesting to see!!:D

Back in 1998, I had gotten a great rate at the YC. I think it was $180 for a regular room. When we got there, we were delighted to find out that we had been upgraded to the concierge. I didn't even ask!

Roberta

Last August 2002 my 8 year old son and I stayed at the Beach Club for a week -- I booked standard view room on sale (about $160 a night) and for some reason got upgraded to concierge level. I was so excited when the little man came to take us on the elevator. Neither of us eat much, and as it turned out, we weren't in the room much, but my son did insist that we try to be available for the little hot dogs that were served every evening around five p.m., and I appreciated the free NYTimes every morning. For a family with some big kids who eat a lot, or for a couple who drink a lot (free wine and some liquors) it might make financial sense -- for us, it was nice to get it at a discount price. We're staying at the WL this July, non-concierge, and I know my son is going to miss the little hotdogs!

Last December - I got a concierge room at AKL with an A/P discount - $230/night including taxes. It was only $35/night more than the deluxe savannah room we needed for our family of five.

We paid $320 (incl. tax) a night at the Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge last August.

However, we had a lot of problems on our check-in day, and the manager gave us one night at no charge. Our rate per night actually ended up being $257 :).

Teresa

IN MAY OF '02 WL. UPGRADED WHEN WE CHECKED IN FOR AN ADDITIONAL $35 A NIGHT. JUST ASK WHEN YOU GET IN.:Pinkbounc

We paid $234 (including tax) for a garden view at the GF last September and got offered a free upgrade to lodge concierge (we were travelling with my mother and she also got the upgrade!).

Originally posted by WeLoveEeyore
Just curious who has had the best outcome with discount rates/upgrades to concierge. What is the best rate for concierge you've ever gotten (and what time of year was it?). Should be interesting to see!!:D

We paid $277 a night inc tax for a concierge room at the AKL this past value season Feb 1st through the 6th. This was an AP rate. Rack rate during this time frame for a concierge room at the AKL is $425 a night NOT including tax. So we saved about $200 a night off of rack rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter