What's the best way to pack?

monarchsfan16

<font color=green>Holy smokes, the DIS is a big pl
Leaving for school next Friday. What's the best way to pack up all this stuff? I don't have any storage containers going with me; we'll get those once we see the room set up and what, if any space is left over after the 4 of us move in. I'm packing school/computer supplies in boxes and stuff, since those can be ditched, or sent home with mom. How do I pack the clothes though? I figure I'll have room at school for a duffle bag, but doubt there's any room for suitcases. My mom and stepdad are pushing the suitcase concept, but I'd rather not have to get the stuff unpacked before they leave so I can send the suitcases home with them. Should clothes be packed in boxes, or is there something I'm not thinking of? What about the other stuff? Just box everything? Is that the best way to do this?

I used milk crates...As I used them in my closet for organizing!

If you need anythin lemmie know I'm about 40mins from UNH and I have a bunch of stuff I bought that I now don't need (I am a commuter student now) I have a mini fridge and micro I can part with pretty cheaply and I can bring it up to you if that isn't taken care of yet. Also There's a Wal-Mart on 16 at the Fox Run Mall...DO NOT go there it is ALWAYS overstuffed with UNH students moving in. Drive down further and get on Route 1 and go around the traffic circle and SOUTH on Rt. 1 and a few miles down the road on your RIGHT will be a Wal-Mart (after Friendly's but it shares the driveway with Jokers) out of towners don't know about this one and it's often less crowded, shorter lines and less picked over. It's only about 5mins more down the road!

PM me if you need anything!

To pack the clothes...............roll everything as tight as can be. However, it can get heavy so go half way and then put in some other things that are lighter in weight.

Good luck.

kandeebunny said:
I used milk crates...As I used them in my closet for organizing!

If you need anythin lemmie know I'm about 40mins from UNH and I have a bunch of stuff I bought that I now don't need (I am a commuter student now) I have a mini fridge and micro I can part with pretty cheaply and I can bring it up to you if that isn't taken care of yet. Also There's a Wal-Mart on 16 at the Fox Run Mall...DO NOT go there it is ALWAYS overstuffed with UNH students moving in. Drive down further and get on Route 1 and go around the traffic circle and SOUTH on Rt. 1 and a few miles down the road on your RIGHT will be a Wal-Mart (after Friendly's but it shares the driveway with Jokers) out of towners don't know about this one and it's often less crowded, shorter lines and less picked over. It's only about 5mins more down the road!

PM me if you need anything!
Thanks! I've got a fridge, and one of the 3 other roommates (temporary quad in a lounge :earseek: ) is going to bring the micro. But thanks for the offer. And thank you for the advice about the Wal Marts. I think I know where you're talking about. Even if I don't my dad will. I know there will be storage stuff to get once I'm up there. So the milk crates fit in the closet? That's a good idea. I'll have to look for one or 2 of those.

i used to bring all my stuff in those extra large duffle bags. they fit all of my clothing, towels and bedsheets in there real nice and they rolled up really small for storage in my closet. i stopped bringing big tubs after sophomore year. it got to be too heavy and clunky to carry. i ended up with a bunch of smaller rubbermaid containers that i could separate things according to what they were. i always found that if you can go home more than once a semester, you always end up bringing stuff back with you, so in the beginning take only the basics. if you forget something either have your parents send it or when you go home, get it then.

that always worked for me.

i'm in the process of moving again, back up near where i went to school, 4 hours away from home. i've already started bringing up my stuff, luckily i don't need to furnish anything this time. that definitely saves a lot of space in the car!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter