What's happening to Aulani??

Maybe it is different for DVC and the hotel rooms? We are staying in a 2 bedroom villa.

I'm not sure the adult pool turned family pool is permanent. When I called to book a cabana for Dec 1, the cast member helping me choose a location request said, "Let's see - the adult pool will be back to adults only on Nov 1, so with all adults would you like to be in that area?" I wasn't aware so I kind of just went along with it, but seeing this thread reminded me of that conversation. Again, I don't really know anything official.

I'm not sure the adult pool turned family pool is permanent. When I called to book a cabana for Dec 1, the cast member helping me choose a location request said, "Let's see - the adult pool will be back to adults only on Nov 1, so with all adults would you like to be in that area?" I wasn't aware so I kind of just went along with it, but seeing this thread reminded me of that conversation. Again, I don't really know anything official.
Well that would be nice since i know many people on here and a group i follow on FB was NOT happy with the change.

I am VERY unhappy about losing the adult pool. Can't believe they marginalized a whole group of DVC members. We bought for our large family AND we bought for the adult pool. It was a fabulous combination. Everybody was happy. SO UNHAPPY!!

I am VERY unhappy about losing the adult pool. Can't believe they marginalized a whole group of DVC members. We bought for our large family AND we bought for the adult pool. It was a fabulous combination. Everybody was happy. SO UNHAPPY!!

I have a reoccurring weekly reminder to send them a complaint about it. Livid about both this and Aunties.

I can understand the disappointment. I believe this was done out of the severe shortage of beach chairs. That side of the hotel and pool has been underused in the past. And there are a lot of beach chairs tucked away on that side. Parents of small children probably want to be not so far away from their kids when swimming. I'm thankful that the adults at least still have the infinity hot tub.

In 8 nights at Aulani, I saw a person using the adult pool exactly zero times. Not once. Granted, it was cool and very windy when I was there, but the place was consistently abandoned and full of palm fronds. I consider the change to a pool for everyone a huge customer service W.

In 8 nights at Aulani, I saw a person using the adult pool exactly zero times. Not once. Granted, it was cool and very windy when I was there, but the place was consistently abandoned and full of palm fronds. I consider the change to a pool for everyone a huge customer service W.
I haveto agree with this sentiment. I empathize with the all adult crowd, but this decision probably appeals to the majority, which are family with children.

Could be the time of year? Doubtful though. I wouldn’t say I’ve seen it packed but we go in October and around New Years and there’s usually a decent crowd. It’s never been abandoned.

I agree with you, but even when it was the adult pool, it was stuck in this weird little corner that felt unconnected with the rest of the resort, and seemed kind of old and dingy.

It's like.... If you have 50 people who like chicken and 100 people who like beef, and 2 people who like sushi, it's pretty obvious that you should convert your sushi bar to a steakhouse. It sucks if you're one of the 2 people who like sushi, but I don't think you can fault the decision.

It's like.... If you have 50 people who like chicken and 100 people who like beef, and 2 people who like sushi, it's pretty obvious that you should convert your sushi bar to a steakhouse. It sucks if you're one of the 2 people who like sushi, but I don't think you can fault the decision.
Eh, I don't think it's like that at all. Those of us who own at Aulani and don't like the decision can fault the decision. There are plenty of places for children, it was nice to have an adults only spot.

Eh, I don't think it's like that at all. Those of us who own at Aulani and don't like the decision can fault the decision. There are plenty of places for children, it was nice to have an adults only spot.
I'm not saying you have to like it, I'm saying you should be able to understand it. This wasn't a cut, like Aunty's or 'AMA 'AMA. It was just a net-zero change. There is no ulterior motive on Disney's part other than guest satisfaction. They survey like crazy and have come to the conclusion that "pools are too crowded" outweighs "we like having a place to swim without kids."

I'm not saying you have to like it, I'm saying you should be able to understand it. This wasn't a cut, like Aunty's or 'AMA 'AMA. It was just a net-zero change. There is no ulterior motive on Disney's part other than guest satisfaction. They survey like crazy and have come to the conclusion that "pools are too crowded" outweighs "we like having a place to swim without kids."
I think I comprehend it quite fine, but I still disagree with it. The pools have been crowded since day one hence the grotto was added. I bet it has more to do with the chairs, as HiRyeDVC said, the area is typically underused (likely due to the lack of sun and distance from the fun pools).
I can understand the disappointment. I believe this was done out of the severe shortage of beach chairs. That side of the hotel and pool has been underused in the past. And there are a lot of beach chairs tucked away on that side. Parents of small children probably want to be not so far away from their kids when swimming. I'm thankful that the adults at least still have the infinity hot tub.
Hopefully it is a short-term change. Kids are going to want to be in the 'fun' pools and lazy river anyways, so I am not sure this change needs to be permanent or will affect everyone too much anyways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter