What would you do?

dyna

DIS Veteran
I been planning to put Mickey heads above kitchen cabinets between ceiling and top of cabinets. Also had planned to make curtains and put mickey heads on the curtains as well.

Tonight while at the local Walfart store I found mini blinds to fit my windows for $3.50 each set. Cheaper than I can buy a new curtain rod much less the rod fabric for curtains and etc. Being that I'm out of money on my kitchen rehab I bought the blinds to do till I save up some money.

I could add a valance over the top of the blinds tho and add Mickey heads to the valance for next to nothing tho as I could use the rod I already have for that and can prolly get a piece of FREE fabric to make the valance out of. My mickey heads will be a few inches lower than the once over the cabinets on an opposite wall is that gonna look funky?

Either way I think I'm going to add the valance to add a little color to the kitchen.

Dyna, I have miniblinds all over my house. I hate curtains but like valances.

I would consider making smaller Mickey heads in the same color or a contrasting color for your valance. You could do all kinds of things that would be okay. You could use even a gingham check and put 2-3" Mickey's on them. You could even paint them on with a stencil and then heat seal them so you could wash it. You could use any kind of fabric you want, even napkins turned with the points down and a MHead on each point. You could even make the heads from cut out milk bottles and punch a hole in them and suspend them from the bottom of the material.

I think you could do anything you want but the key would be the coloring. If your heads match in color size won't matter. If you want different color heads, the background material should probably match the larger heads, etc. Just don't put too many different colors or textures together and you should be ok. Get creative and see what you can come up with on a limited budget. I love the challenge of making something out of nothing. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter