• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What would you do.....road rage or not?

I don't usually classify it as road rage unless you're aggressively pursued. I know I've accidentally cut people off and got honked at, gestured at, and/or cursed out in the moment. I know I've done the same to some people. I've also had people behave the same way if I'm in a line-cutter-prone area and don't allow them to cut me off.

The girls' first batting coach and I used to discuss this and he was all for just letting them in. His feeling was that with the high instances of road rage in these parts and the number of people that are carrying (we're in Texas), it was worth your life to just allow yourself to be cut off. There's not even a stereotype. I'm just as likely to deal with a road rager in high end luxury car/sports car as I am a guy with a gun rack in his big pickup, a huge tractor trailer, or something that looks like someone is in to illegal street racing. I just have such a hard time with that. On one hand, he's right...it's not worth being shot at over traffic. On the other, we're not going to fix anything in society if we just let people get away with this stuff. Of course, I'm probably not fixing anything by refusing the line cutters and am more likely to be inviting a road rage incident.

Reactions: shh
so does anyone else enjoy watching a&e 'road wars'?

Didn't know that was a thing, I will have to check it out
road wars, customer wars, neighborhood wars (and at christmas 'holiday wars')-

the advent and more common use of dashboard and motorcycle helmet cams provide a wealth of footage that demonstrates how nuts/dangerous some drivers are. i will caution that it is incredibly frustrating to repeatedly hear how minor the legal consequences frequently are.

So I accidentally cut off another driver and he told me in no uncertain terms that I was "number one" in his book. I responded with what I felt was an apology wave, raising my hand slowly with a minimal wave. He pulled up next to me at the light, I didn't look over because I felt that would be poking the bear. He ended up turning left and honked his horn at me.

So wwyd in that situation?
Do what I did?
Ignore the other driver all together?
Shoot a nasty look him?
etc, etc

And on the flip side, what do you do when another driver cuts you off?
Let the bird fly?
Honk, flash your lights?
Don't do anything and just continue on your merry way?
Speed up and cut them off?
etc, etc

Me personally, I disengage on both fronts. The consequences are too great.
I don’t see what happened to you as a big deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter