• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What were you really into as a kid (8-13)

My Barbie, Ken, Skipper, Skooter, Midge and Christy dolls. I finally stopped playing with them when I started 9th grade, even though I really didn’t want too but felt I was too old for them.

I changed a lot from 8 - 13. Even before I was 8, my main interest was playing & watching sports. I also loved Disney movies on Sunday nights. By 10, boys & clothes became a big thing. I was the rare girl who never cared much about dolls.

When I was 8: Cabbage Patch, Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Pony, and a deck of cards of US Presidents

By 13... My stereo and makeup. Which is weird because I don't wear makeup at all as an adult.

Gymnastics, my Barbie Dolls, and Kitty Cucumber.
3f32c3d2539aefe40363a5a20bfb47ce--schoolgirl-figurine.jpg

Boys and clothes...when I was toward the 8yo side of that it was getting kisses on the playground and Barbie fashion designer. Toward 13 more toward shopping and creating clothes and outfits.

Michael Jackson was my first crush

I wasn’t in to dolls except cabbage patch. My best friend and I liked playing school and doctors office.

I wasn’t into boys and clothes and ‘girly’ stuff until junior high.

Books. There was a half price bookstore within walking distance of our apartment that I frequented often. I grew up with very little money and the shop owner was very generous with letting me trade in my current book for a new one.

I guess the number one thing was my neighborhood friends. We spent a real lot of time in each other’s company, often together from morning till night. We played all kinds of games and sports, devised various schemes, plans and activities, rode bicycles, walked or just hung out observing the world around us.

I was an only child raised in a fairly isolated rural setting so as a little kid I was always anxious to get anywhere other kids were. On my own I mostly did things that didn't require playmates - reading, watching tv, experimenting in the kitchen, riding my bike. I started getting interested in boys, clothes and make-up as an older tween and was greatly influenced by teen magazines (this was pre-internet).

I think I was mostly on my bike around that age. I rarely ride it now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter